Alright everyone, here’s the highly requested list of keto fruit to help you along your journey!
Lucky for you keto-ers, this list of keto fruit has quite the variety of delicious options — especially when compared to a low carb fruits list — due to their high quantity of fiber! To give you an idea: 1 cup of avocados has 10 grams of fiber! Who woulda thunk?
Below you’ll find a searchable/sortable chart, plus a free printable PDF to carry along with your low carb shopping list — everything you need to know about keto fruit and more!
Skip to a Section:
Keto Fruit, Top 10 Choices
Let’s cut right to the chase, because I know you’re ready to start snacking! Here are the top 10 keto fruit choices based on 1 cup of each fruit’s net carb count.
The top ten keto fruit choices are:
- Avocados: 2.7 grams of net carbs
- Coconut (meat): 4.9 grams of net carbs
- Carambola/Starfruit: 5.1 grams of net carbs
- Blackberries: 6.2 grams of net carbs
- Raspberries: 6.7 grams of net carbs
- Clementine (1 fruit): 7.6 grams of net carbs
- Pear: 8 grams of net carbs
- Cantaloupe: 8.4 grams of net carbs
- Strawberries: 8.6 grams of net carbs
- Gooseberry: 8.7 grams of net carbs
Again, this information is based on each fruit’s net carbs, making this keto fruit list different from a low carb fruit list. Net carbs are used by those on a keto diet, which is calculated by subtracting the fiber from the total carbs found in each fruit — a low carb fruit list on the other hand displays the total carbs in each fruit.
Low Carb Fruits vs Keto Fruit
Incase you’re looking for a low carb fruits list based on total carbs, here are your top 10 choices:
- Carambola/Starfruit: 8.8 grams of total carbs
- Clementine (1 fruit): 8.9 grams of total carbs
- Strawberries: 11.6 grams of total carbs
- Watermelon: 11.6 grams of total carbs
- Coconut (meat): 12.1 grams of total carbs
- Pear: 12.3 grams of total carbs
- Avocados: 12.8 grams of total carbs
- Blackberries: 13.8 grams of total carbs
- Apple: 14 grams of total carbs
- Prickly pears: 14.2 grams of total carbs
For the full list (including a searchable chart + download) please visit my low carb fruits article!
Complete List of the Net Carbs in Fruit — Searchable Chart
Here’s a sortable and searchable list of the carbs in fruit! The nutritional information below is based on a 1 cup serving of each keto fruit for easy comparison, unless otherwise noted.
|Fruit (1 cup)||Carbs||Sugar||Fiber||Net Carbs|
|Clementine (1 fruit)||8.9||6.8||1.3||7.6|
|Currant (red and white)||15.4||8.2||4.8||10.6|
*If your favorite fruit is higher in carbs than you thought, don’t give up! Just eat less of the fruit to keep it within your carb count. For example, make watermelon keto friendly, by eating a ½ cup instead!
If for some reason your keto fruit isn’t on the list, leave me a comment and I’ll be sure to add it!
High Carb Fruits to Watch Out For
Now that you know which keto fruit to eat and which high carb fruits to be leery of, I’d like to share a few important tips about eating fruit on a low carb meal plan:
- Fruit is typically low in protein and fat. If you’re sticking to low carb foods as a means to balance your blood sugar, keep this in mind. Try eating fruit with foods that’ll balance the macros — think keto nuts, low carb greek yogurt, and other keto diet menu items.
- Measure your fruit! As delicious as fruit is, it’s easy to eat more than you realize — especially when making a keto fruit smoothie or low carb smoothies, always measure!
- Be leary of concentrated sugar fruit sources, such as: keto fruit juice, dried fruit or canned fruit.
Keto + Low Carb Fruit Chart Printable!
Here’s a printer friendly keto and low carb fruit chart for you! I designed it so it can easily be hole punched and added to a binder with any additional keto or low carb resources.
Just enter your email address below. You’ll be added to my free mailing list, and the printable will be emailed straight to your inbox! Hope you enjoy!
Lowest Carb Fruit Recipes
There are so many delicious fruits on this lowest carb fruit list to get creative with! I love making keto fruit smoothies and ice cream, check out these low carb recipes to get inspired! What’re your favorite keto snacks with fruit?
|Sugar Free Ice Cream||Low Carb Smoothie||Low Carb Strawberry Smoothie|
Keto fruit can be a delicious and nutritious addition to your keto eating plan. Just keep in mind the serving size, which fruits are lowest in carbs, and the tips above for how to successfully stay on track while eating keto fruit.
Hope you enjoy! What’s you favorite keto fruit?
*The low carb fruits nutritional data listed throughout this article is based on the USDA Food Composition Databases. Check it out for more information!
Looking for More Ultimate Keto Guides?
Sticking to a keto diet means knowing which foods belong on your keto shopping list and which to avoid — which can be overwhelming!
To make your life easier, here’s a collection of keto guides to print and use! Each of these include a downloadable and printer friendly PDF, plus a searchable/sortable chart! Enjoy!