This Tuscan chicken soup is creamy, cheesy, and full of all your favorite heartwarming Italian flavors–from sun dried tomatoes, to parmesan, to a cream based broth. Inspired by my Tuscan chicken recipe, this Tuscan soup is perfect for cold nights and meal prep.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Enter your email below and we’ll send it straight to your inbox. Plus you’ll get great new recipes from us every week!
Ingredients for Creamy Tuscan Soup
This creamy Tuscan soup is full of flavor, with just a few simple ingredients. Here’s what to collect and a few notes:
- The chicken: I love using pre-cooked chicken to save time. Feel free to use leftover chicken, or shred a rotisserie chicken (rotisserie chicken soup is always a little tastier!).
- The broth: Garlic, Italian seasoning, chicken broth, heavy cream, and parmesan.
- The veggies: Sun dried tomatoes and spinach.
Add-ons + Tweaks
Simple, easy to make, and so delicious, we absolutely love this Tuscan soup as is. But if you’re looking to modify the recipe a little, here are a few ideas for you:
- Add pasta: Gnocchi, or your favorite noodles would be a great addition. For a low carb alternative, try adding zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash.
- Add more veggies: Feel free to saute and mix in your favorites. Veggies that would work well here include sauteed mushrooms, sauteed kale, or even just sliced zucchini.
- Try a different protein: Chicken can be easily substituted for shrimp ala Tuscan shrimp (try this grilled shrimp), or even cooked and flaked salmon (a soup version of my Tuscan salmon!)–try a simple recipe such as this pan seared salmon.
How to Make Tuscan Chicken Soup
This recipe comes together more quickly than you’d ever imagine. Sit back, relax, and let your stove do the heavy lifting:
- Melt butter.
- Saute garlic.
- Add broth ingredients.
- Add the chicken.
- Add the spinach and sun dried tomatoes.
What can I serve this soup with?
This creamy Tuscan soup is incredible on its own for a low carb dinner but can be served as a side to your favorite protein as well. Here are a few ways to make it an even heartier meal:
Meal Prep, Storing, + Freezing
As with most soup recipes, this Tuscan chicken soup is ideal for make ahead meals and is great to freeze…
- Meal prep: Allow your soup to cool completely, then divide it into individual containers, and reheat it in the microwave before digging in.
- Storing: Store leftover soup in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
- Freeze individual portions in airtight containers for a convenient and quick meal option. Thaw and reheat when ready to enjoy.
More Italian Chicken Recipes
Tuscan Chicken SoupPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable or avocado oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 4 cups chicken cooked + shredded
- 2 cup fresh spinach chopped
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes julienned, packed in oil, and drained
- Add butter and 1 tablespoon oil to a large pot over medium heat. Once shimmering, add the garlic, and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the heavy cream, chicken broth, Italian seasoning, and parmesan cheese. Bring your soup to a gentle simmer. Add the chicken, and continue to simmer until the chicken is heated through.
- Add spinach and sun dried tomatoes, and cook until the spinach has wilted. Ladle into bowls with additional parmesan on top, and enjoy!