This creamy garlic shrimp is infused with parsley, lemon juice, white wine, and garlic. It’s a quick and effortless recipe that takes only 15 minutes to make! And is versatile enough to pair with noodles or steamed veggies, for a low carb weeknight dinner.
Want to Save This Recipe?
Enter your email below and we’ll send it straight to your inbox. Plus you’ll get great new recipes from us every week!
What You’ll Need to Make Garlic Shrimp
Here’s what you’ll need to throw together this creamy garlic shrimp recipe in no time at all:
- The shrimp – You’ll want to purchase peeled and deveined shrimp. I like to use tail off shrimp, so it’s easier to eat, although tail on will infuse more flavor. If using frozen shrimp, be sure to fully defrost before tossing them in.
- The sauce – comes together with butter, garlic, white wine, heavy cream, lemon juice, lemon zest, red pepper flakes, and parmesan. This can be tweaked to your taste–adjust the amount of salt/pepper added. Add more red pepper flakes to up the heat. Skip the wine and deglaze with chicken broth if you prefer.
Psst–looking for a dairy free alternative? Check out my keto shrimp scampi.
What to Serve This With
Just like my shrimp carbonara, this recipe is versatile and tasty every which way. Here are a few ways we like to serve it:
How to Make Creamy Garlic Shrimp
Not much to this creamy garlic shrimp recipe! Sear the shrimp, saute the garlic, and simmer the sauce. It’s truly that easy, and here are step-by-step photos to prove it.
1 – Pat shrimp dry with paper towels and sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides.
2 – Sear shrimp in oil until pink on both sides. Set aside on a plate.
3 – Melt the butter in the same pan and saute the garlic.
4 – Add the white wine and scrape up the fond. Continue to simmer until the wine reduces by half.
5 – Add all other ingredients except the parmesan and parsley.
6 – Last, add the parmesan and stir until it melts.
7 – Add the shrimp and parsley, and you’re ready to serve!
Storing, Reheating + Freezing Tips
Here’s how to make the most of this creamy garlic shrimp!
- Store: leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. Be sure to keep your pasta/veggie noodles/vegetables separate when storing.
- Reheat: in the microwave with a damp paper towel on top. I like to reheat whatever I’m serving this with separately, as they’ll reheat in different amounts of time.
- Freezing: I don’t love freezing cream based sauces. But if you must, do so in a resealable baggie with most of the air removed.
More Creamy Seafood Recipes
Creamy Garlic ShrimpPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 pounds shrimp peeled + deveined. Tail on or off
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon avocado or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pat shrimp completely dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a large pan or skillet over medium high heat. Sear on each side for 1-2 minutes, until the shrimp is pink and cooked through. Remove cooked shrimp to a plate and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium, and add the butter to the same skillet. Once melted, stir in the garlic and saute until it becomes fragrant. Add the white wine and remove any brown bits from the bottom of the pan as it simmers. Continue to simmer until the wine has reduced by half.
- Stir in the heavy cream, lemon juice, lemon zest, red pepper flakes, paprika, salt, and pepper. Bring to a simmer, then add the parmesan. Continue to cook, just until the parmesan melts into the sauce. Taste and adjust the salt, pepper, and cayenne to your liking.
- Stir in the shrimp, top with parsley, and serve over steamed veggies or pasta. Enjoy!