Keto Pizza Sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Onion chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic minced
- 4 Tablespoons Tomato Paste
- 1 - 28 Ounces Crushed Tomatoes canned, unsalted
- 1 Teaspoon Fresh Basil dried
- 3/4 Teaspoon Oregano dried
- 1/2 Teaspoon Fennel Seeds (optional)
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
Heat oil (2 tablespoons) in a medium sauce pan over medium heat.
Add minced garlic (2 cloves) and chopped onions (1/2 cup). Stir constantly so it doesn’t burn. Sauté until translucent (around 10 minutes).
Add tomato paste (4 tablespoons), basil (1 teaspoon), oregano (3/4 teaspoon), fennel (1/2 teaspoon), salt (1 1/2 teaspoon) and black pepper (1/4 teaspoon). Cook and stir the sauce for a few minutes to incorporate.
Add crushed tomatoes (1 -28 Ounces), stir, and cook for about 5 more minutes.
Turn the heat down to a slow simmer. Cook the sauce for 10-15 minutes, or until it’s as thick as you’d like.
- Everyone will cook a different amount of liquid out of this sauce, so it's hard to calculate a measured amount. That said, I was able to make about 48 tablespoons of this sauce, so 1 serving would equal 2 tablespoons:
Calories: 25kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 1g | Net Carbs: 3g
Delicious recipe from Lindsey Hyland // www.thelittlepine.com