Low Carb Nachos
Servings 6 Servings
- 2 Tablespoons Mild Tasting Oil (see notes below)
- 1 Pound Ground Beef
- 4 Tablespoons Low Carb Taco Seasoning or 1 (1.25-ounce) package taco seasoning (make sure no sugar has been added)
- 1 Cup Low Carb Queso or shredded cheddar
- Low Carb Tortilla Chips sub for sliced/roasted veggies, such as cauliflower, or mini bell peppers
- Fresh Cilantro chopped
- Jalapenos sliced
Cook the meat. Heat vegetable oil (2 tablespoons) in a large skillet and add the beef (1 pound), breaking it into small pieces as it cooks. Cook until meat is no longer pink, then push the meat to one side of the pan and drain the access fat. Stir in taco seasoning (4 tablespoons) and water (2/3 cup). Cook for 2-4 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
Assemble. Lay chip (or roasted veggies) on a rimmed baking sheet or oven-safe pan. Sprinkle meat on top, then pour low carb queso (1 cup) or sprinkle cheese over the meat. If using cheese instead of queso, broil in the oven until the cheese just melts, about 3-5 minutes. Finish your nachos off with toppings. Now, friend, DIG.ON.IN. ????
- Prep time will vary depending on what you use for your chips, and if you're using queso or cheese. Read the suggestions above for how to make a quick and easy version.
- Nutritional information includes the macros for my queso and tortilla chips. If using veggies and/or cheddar, the nutritional information will vary:
Calories: 483kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 23g | Fat: 40g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Net Carbs: 5g
Delicious recipe from Lindsey Hyland // www.thelittlepine.com