Buffalo Chicken Salad
Servings 8 Wraps
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese softened
- 2 Cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese shredded
- 1 Cup Hot Sauce I use Frank's (note 1)
- 2 Scallions thinly sliced, white and green parts
- 4 Cups Chicken cooked + shredded (note 2*)
- 1 Cup Celery chopped
- 1/4 Cup Blue Cheese
- Lettuce We love Romaine, butter lettuce works as well
Combine. In a large bowl, combine the hot sauce (1 cup) and softened cream cheese (8 ounces) using an electric mixer until well combined. Add the cheddar (2 cups), scallions (2 thinly sliced), celery (1 cup), and chicken (4 cups). Fold until everything is well incorporated.
Serve. Scoop chicken onto lettuce leaves. Top with blue cheese (1/4 cup) and additional hot sauce. Enjoy!
- Hot sauce. Frank's is most traditional for all Buffalo chicken recipes. If using a different type of hot sauce, keep in mind Frank's has a very mild, vinegary flavor.
- To poach chicken: Place chicken and a generous amount of salt and pepper in a large pot and cover with 1" of water. Bring water to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and let the chicken simmer until the center of the breast reaches an internal temp of 165 F, about 15 minutes. Allow the chicken to rest 10 minutes before shredding.
- Shredded chicken vs. diced. We much prefer shredded chicken here, but you can also use diced chiclken.
Calories: 290kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 25g | Cholesterol: 84mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Net Carbs: 2g
Delicious recipe from Lindsey Hyland // www.thelittlepine.com