Prep Time 15 minutes minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes minutes
Total Time 30 minutes minutes
Servings 11 Servings
- 2 Cups Almond Milk unsweetened
- 2 Cups Heavy Cream
- 3 Whole Cloves
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 6 Egg Yolks
- 3/4 Cups Granular Swerve or Lakanto
- 1 1/4 Cups Light Rum
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
Cream + spices. Combine almond milk (2 cups), heavy cream (2 cups), whole cloves (3), ground cinnamon (1/2 teaspoon), and ground nutmeg (1/4 teaspoon) in a small saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil, then remove from heat and set aside.
Eggs. In a large bowl, combine the egg yolks (6) and sugar (3/4 cups) using an electric mixer until fluffy and the sweetener has dissolved. With the mixer on, slowly add very little at a time of the milk/cream combo to the egg yolks.
Warm. Once combined, pour contents of the bowl into the saucepan and bring to a simmer for about 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Don't allow this to boil.
Chill. Remove cloves (I do this with a spoon) and place eggnog in the fridge to cool for at least an hour.
Final touches. Add the vanilla extract (1 1/2 teaspoons) and light rum (1 1/4 cups). Top with cinnamon and nutmeg and enjoy!
*Recipe Adapted from the "traditional Eggnog" recipe on Allrecipes.
- The exact serving size for this keto eggnog will vary based on the size of your egg yolks and the amount you cook the liquid down. I was able to make 5 3/4 cups of eggnog with this recipe, which would mean a serving size is equal to about 1/2 cup.
Calories: 252kcal | Total Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 19g | Sodium: 81mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Net Carbs: 2g
Delicious recipe from Lindsey Hyland // www.thelittlepine.com