Butternut Squash Soup
If you’re looking for something beautiful and delicious with complex flavors, this butternut squash soup recipe is about to make your dreams come true.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time45 mins
- 3 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil divided
- 24 Ounces Butternut Squash cubed
- 1 Yellow Onion diced to the same size as butternut squash cubes
- 4 Pieces Bacon optional: more for topping
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 2 Cloves Garlic minced
- 2 Tablespoons Sage chopped + optional: more for topping
- 1 Cup
- Greek Yogurt / Heavy Cream optional for topping
Preheat oven to 375.
Toss the butternut squash, onions, salt, and pepper in 2 tablespoons of oil.
Spread the veggies in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
Drape the bacon over the top of your veggies.
Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes. You'll know they're done baking once the veggies are soft and start to brown, and the bacon is fully cooked.
Meanwhile, In a large stockpot, add 1 remaining tablespoon of veggie oil, along with the garlic and sage. Heat over medium. Saute until fragrant, about 1-2 minutes.
Add vegetable broth. Once the broth is heated through, remove soup from heat and add the baked veggies and bacon.
Use a stick blender to blend all the ingredients together. Or, place ingredients in a blender (easier!). Blend until smooth.
Scoop the soup into bowls and top with additional bacon crumbles, a dollop of Greek yogurt or chopped sage. Enjoy!
If you're low carb, and this is higher in carbs than you'd like, the best options would be to:
- Keep recipe as is and enjoy a smaller portion (consider making this recipe into 8 servings and dividing the nutritional info in half).
- Double the veggie broth. This will thin out the soup and increase the # of servings.
- Add heavy cream. This will increase the fat content and increase the # of servings.
Calories: 280kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 970mg | Potassium: 695mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 18206IU | Vitamin C: 38mg | Calcium: 110mg | Iron: 2mg
©Little Pine Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media/website/blog is strictly prohibited.