This cheesy cauliflower casserole bake is the super easy and ridiculously delicious vegetarian side dish you’ve been waiting for!
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 8 Bowls
- 1 Head Cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Sea salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black pepper
- 4 Ounces Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese shredded, more if you’d like to sprinkle some on top
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Thyme
Preheat oven to 400F.
Place cauliflower florets on a baking sheet in a single layer.
Toss cauliflower in olive oil, salt and pepper.
Bake for 20 minutes, or until the tops begin to brown.
Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, add the cream cheese, heavy cream, cheddar cheese and thyme and melt together over medium heat, stirring constantly.
Place cauliflower in a small casserole dish (I used an 8” cast iron here, but a square 8” casserole pan will work as well.)
Pour cheese sauce evenly over the cauliflower.
Option to sprinkle more shredded cheddar (about ½ cup) over the top of your cheesy cauliflower and melt it in the oven for about 10 minutes.
Allow cheesy cauliflower to cool before serving and enjoy!
- Each head of cauliflower will yield a different amount. To most accurately calculate the nutrition, divide this recipe into 8 servings and use the macros below.
- Option to add more herbs/spices to the sauce (I wanted to keep this recipe as simple as possible, since my cauliflower mac and cheese requires quite a few additional ingredients!)
Calories: 176kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 50mg | Sodium: 433mg | Potassium: 89mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 11.8% | Vitamin C: 9.5% | Calcium: 13.2% | Iron: 2%
©Little Pine Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media/website/blod is strictly prohibited.