Add to Collection
Go to Collections
This cheesy cauliflower casserole bake is the super easy and ridiculously delicious vegetarian side dish you’ve been waiting for!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 25 minutes
Servings 8 Bowls
- 1 Head Cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Sea salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Black pepper
- 4 Ounces Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese shredded, more if you’d like to sprinkle some on top
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Thyme
Preheat oven to 400F.
Place cauliflower florets on a baking sheet in a single layer.
Toss cauliflower in olive oil, salt and pepper.
Bake for 20 minutes, or until the tops begin to brown.
Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, add the cream cheese, heavy cream, cheddar cheese and thyme and melt together over medium heat, stirring constantly.
Place cauliflower in a small casserole dish (I used an 8” cast iron here, but a square 8” casserole pan will work as well.)
Pour cheese sauce evenly over the cauliflower.
Option to sprinkle more shredded cheddar (about ½ cup) over the top of your cheesy cauliflower and melt it in the oven for about 10 minutes.
Allow cheesy cauliflower to cool before serving and enjoy!
- Each head of cauliflower will yield a different amount. To most accurately calculate the nutrition, divide this recipe into 8 servings and use the macros below.
- Option to add more herbs/spices to the sauce (I wanted to keep this recipe as simple as possible, since my cauliflower mac and cheese requires quite a few additional ingredients!)
Calories: 176kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 50mg | Sodium: 433mg | Potassium: 89mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 11.8% | Vitamin C: 9.5% | Calcium: 13.2% | Iron: 2%