Tarragon chicken salad is one of those ADDICTIVELY delicious low carb recipes that’s unlike any other low carb chicken recipes you’ve tried…
It’s unique, playfully delicious, and will make you crave chicken salad, even if you never thought that was possible!
It’s one of those low carb lunch ideas that come together in a snap, despite all the layers of deliciousness you get to enjoy. Fresh herbs, summer textures, and a dash of vanilla are just a few of the surprises hidden in this low carb salads layers.
Let’s get taste testing!
I absolutely love the flavor of this tarragon chicken salad! It’s light and lively….and aromatic. Plus, you won’t believe how easy french chicken recipes to throw together. There’s literally nothing to it but let me tell you – the flavor is divine!
Here are some other reasons to love it:
- No special gadgets
- Cost effective
- Heavenly flavor
This is one of the most simple salad recipes to make but it has a polished flavor that’s versatile enough for many occasions. For best results, mix the salad and leave it in the fridge for 30 minutes or so before serving. This gives all the flavors time to mingle and start expressing their inner beauty.
Herbs – This low carb chicken salad recipe also calls for fresh tarragon. I know you may have the dried flakes in your cabinet but this dish tastes so much better if you use the fresh herb. It just really elevates those healthy chicken recipes flavor profile in an unbelievable way!
Chicken – When whipping up chicken salad recipes, I like to use pre-cooked chicken to save some time — you can easily make a rotisserie chicken salad with shucked rotisserie chicken, or a canned chicken salad with flaked and drained canned chicken.
You can also poach/bake the chicken for this recipe before getting started.
Storing your tarragon chicken salad (if there’s any left) is as simple as keeping it in the fridge safe from air and moisture. This can be done with an airtight container and a secured lid.
How To Serve This Chicken Salad
Here are some tasty ways to serve this incredible tarragon chicken salad:
- Sliced low carb vegetables such as celery stalk, bell pepper boats, or cucumber slices.
- With chips or homemade low carb chips.
- Make low carb wraps using Romaine lettuce for lettuce wraps! Or use your favorite tortillas.
- Make a chicken salad sandwich using your favorite bread, buns, or low carb bread.
Modifying this timeless 80’s dish into something that belongs specifically to you is easily done — that said, I recommend making it according to the recipe the first time, and tasting it, before making changes.
- Not a fan of mayo? Use Greek yogurt instead for a lower fat Greek yogurt chicken salad, or mash avocado with the back of your fork and use it instead of mayo for a surprisingly creamy avocado chicken salad!
- Add different herbs. Tarragon is the star of the show here, but feel free to add in what you have or love. I love adding basil or pesto to chicken salad (check out my pesto chicken salad here).
- Or some spices. There are no spices in the recipe below, so feel free to add some in. I wouldn’t go full-blown buffalo chicken salad or curry chicken salad here, a little spice goes a long way.
Tarragon Chicken SaladPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Tarragon fresh
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Peel grated
- 1/4 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 Cups Chicken Breast chopped
- 1/2 Cup Celery finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup Red Onion finely chopped
- 1/2 Cup Almonds slivered
- In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients.
- In a large bowl, combine the salad ingredients.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, and stir to combine.
- Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes so the flavors combine, and enjoy!
When it comes to chicken salad there are so many options, it can be hard to choose!
The good news is that there’s a recipe for virtually every taste and occasion. The incredible simplicity and massive flavor of this tarragon chicken salad are hard to beat, but there are some other great recipes out there…
- Thai Chicken Salad. Veggie packed for the win!
- Chinese Chicken Salad. A lettuce based chicken salad.
- Greek Chicken Salad. All the amazing Mediterranean flavors packed into a bowl!
This tarragon chicken salad is a recipe you’ll want to add to your collection for special occasions or when you are ready for something a little different. It’s insanely yummy and refreshing!
Try it for yourself and let me know what you think in the comments below… I can’t wait to hear from you!!