I have a soft spot for recipes that take under an hour from start to finish, which is one of the MANY reasons why this spinach stuffed chicken recipe is a new weeknight staple.
If you’re tired of dry, bland low carb chicken recipes, try simply upgrading them to stuffed chicken breast instead.
Fill your chicken to the brim with gooey cheese, herbs, and flavor-packed veggies. Dare I say this recipe will make you like chicken again?!
Stuffed chicken parmesan and cream cheese stuffed chicken are two of the classics, but what makes this particular recipe stand out is it’s full of Mediterranean flavors and has an extra serving of veggies. Let’s bake!
This spinach stuffed chicken is so DELICIOUS and EASY! It’s one of those low carb dinners made for busy weeknights…
- Ready in under an hour!
- The ingredients are inexpensive and easy to find
- Perfect for meal prep
- Bonus points: it’s low carb!
Seriously, I can practically throw this sheet pan chicken together with my eyes shut. Here are a few tips I’ve learned along the way to make this process even easier:
- Making a pocket in your chicken – the easiest way to do this is to place your hand over the breast and carefully slice from the thickest part down using a sharp knife.
- You can also butterfly the chicken if you find that’s easier — use toothpicks to keep the filling inside.
- Sauteing the veggies not only helps to release their liquid but also brings out their flavor – don’t skip!
Important Ingredients Notes
- Chicken – boneless, skinless works best for chicken breast recipes like this one as they’ll give you more room to stuff.
- Sun-dried tomatoes – if possible, opt for tomatoes packed in oil, they’ve got more flava!
- Feta – When you can, buy this low carb cheese in a block, preferably packed in brine — it lasts longer and won’t have the additional anti-caking ingredients.
You can store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
That said, reheated chicken tends to get dry — I like to bake what we plan to eat in a sitting, and store uncooked spinach stuffed chicken breast in the fridge to bake right before we’re ready to eat it!
Can You Freeze This?
You absolutely can freeze this spinach stuffed chicken, but again, I like to freeze it before baking — simply place each stuffed breast in an individual baggie for easy to reheat dinners. It makes for awesome meal prep!
When you’re ready to bake, allow the breasts to thaw in the fridge the night before, then bake as usual.
Looking to add your spin to this recipe? Here are a few ideas for you:
- Add more vegetables. Healthy chicken recipes like this one are easy to add more veggies to… simply toss more on the pan, or saute and stuff them in.
- Use a Different Cheese. Not a fan of feta? Simply swap — turn this into a cheddar, brie, or mozzarella stuffed chicken recipe.
- Make This Spicy. Add some heat with red pepper flakes! Check out my fajita stuffed chicken for some zest-piration.
- Cut some carbs. Looking for keto chicken breast recipes? Skip the sun-dried tomatoes, or add less.
Can’t get enough easy chicken recipes that are far from boring? Here are a few you’ll love:
- Low Carb Chicken Parmesan
- Stuffed Peppers without Rice
- Ground Chicken Tacos
- Pesto Chicken Salad
- Low Carb Chicken Casserole
Spinach Stuffed ChickenPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil divided
- 1/2 Onion yellow, diced
- 6 Ounce Spinach fresh
- 2 Cloves Garlic minced
- 4 Ounces Feta crumbled
- 1/2 Cup Sun Dried Tomatoes julienned
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Teaspoons Oregano dried
- 1 Teaspoons Fresh Basil dried
- 4 Chicken Breasts boneless, skinless
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 1 Lemon
- 1/2 Cup Kalamata Olives
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Saute veggies. Add olive oil (1 tablespoon) to a large pan over medium heat. Once shimmering, add diced yellow onion (1/2 cup) and sauté until translucent, about 10 minutes. Add fresh spinach (6 Ounces) (you may need to do this in batches) and toss as it cooks. Once the spinach has wilted and has released its water, add minced garlic (2 cloves) and sauté for 1-2 minutes, or until the garlic is fragrant.
- Combine filling. Add veggies to a large bowl and combine with crumbled feta ( 4 Ounces), julienned sun dried tomatoes (1/2 cup), salt (1 teaspoon), black pepper (1/2 teaspoon), oregano (1 teaspoon), and basil (1 teaspoon). Set bowl aside.
- Prep chicken. Lay chicken breast (4 boneless, skinless) flat on a cutting board. Dry both sides of the chicken with a paper towel. Carefully butterfly each chicken breast, or create a pocket in the chicken breast.
- Stuff chicken. Divide the filling into the chicken breasts and fold the breast over the filling to form a “pocket” (you can use toothpicks to keep everything together). Add bell pepper (1), olives (1/2 cup), and sliced lemon to the pan and brush the tops of the veggies and chicken with olive oil.
- Bake in the oven for 20-24 minutes, or until the internal temperature of your chicken reaches 165 F. Allow the chicken to cool for 10 minutes before slicing, and enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
- To save some carbs, skip the sundried tomatoes, this will reduce the NET CARBS to 5.25 g per serving.
- Nutritional information is based on 1 stuffed chicken breast and 1/4 of the veggies: