I have a soft spot for low carb recipes that take under an hour from start to finish, so this spinach stuffed chicken is one of my new favorites.
Lemon, feta, olives… I absolutely adore low carb chicken recipes that highlight all of those fresh, delicious flavors!
I find that Mediterranean chicken recipes taste just like being on vacation – one bite and I’m transported, sipping wine and eating healthy recipes outside on a veranda… Welllll, maybe not – but I can at least pretend summer isn’t over and have this scrumptious spinach stuffed chicken for dinner every week or two. Let’s try it!
This spinach stuffed chicken is so delicious and has amazingly complex flavor but it’s so easy! That is a recipe for dinner success!
- Easy and fast to make – under an hour!
- The ingredients are inexpensive and easy to find. Ain’t nobody got time for a grocery store treasure hunt!
- It’s easy to prep ahead and store, so you can save time all week long.
This recipe is easy for beginners but tastes like a pro made it! Look below for a few tips…
This easy stuffed chicken breast relies on some basic, fresh ingredients to really highlight that Mediterranean flavor.
Kalamata Olives – these salty little Peloponnese gems are packed with iron and calcium as well as being a great source of healthy fats. They’re also full of flavor – chop them up to distribute them into each bite.
Sun dried tomatoes – you can buy these dried or packed in jars of oil. The oil packed ones are preferable for this recipe – they’ll be already julienned and a touch of their oil will add a super punch of flavor!
Feta – When you can, buy this sheep milk cheese in a block, preferably packed in brine. It’ll last longer won’t have any additional anti-caking ingredients, and it’s super easy to crumble at home.
Tools To Make
No special tools are required to make this delicious dish, but like many baked stuffed chicken breast recipes, a pan that can go from stove top to oven is helpful and will keep this to a one pan dish.
Storing this is as easy as it gets – I keep leftovers of this spinach stuffed chicken in airtight containers in the fridge and reheat on the stove, the toaster oven, or in the microwave. This recipe is super duper flexible!
Can You Freeze This Healthy Dinner?
You absolutely can freeze this spinach stuffed chicken, before or after baking! To make ahead of time, prepare this healthy dinners filling, stuff the chicken and freeze it, ready to go in the pan.
When I’m ready to bake it, I take it out to let it thaw in the fridge, then bake as usual.
It can also be frozen after it’s baked. Just store it in an airtight container or gallon freezer bag. Reheat in the microwave or in the oven.
Low Carb Dinner Meal Prepping Tips
This spinach stuffed chicken is great for meal prepping because it makes your low carb dinners portion control a breeze. After baking, separate each chicken breast into its own airtight container and refrigerate until ready to use!
Want to spin this spinach stuffed chicken in a slightly different direction? Read on!
Can I Use Different Types Of Cheese?
The feta in this dish really brings the Mediterranean flavors to life. If you don’t have any on hand, you can swap out the feta and try spinach and mozzarella stuffed chicken or salty parm in stuffed chicken Parmesan.
I promise, any kind of cheese and chicken combo will be delicious!
Save Your Favorite Recipes!Create an account and save all your favorite recipes for easy access!
How Can I Make This Healthier?
I designed this recipe to keep this spinach stuffed chicken healthy, but if you want to drop the calories a bit swap out fresh tomatoes for sun dried. You can also try some other healthy chicken recipes like this savory asparagus stuffed chicken.
Or try this inner child favorite, broccoli and cheese stuffed chicken – it’s a healthy spin on the classic dinner combo.
How Can I Add More Protein?
This dish is truly one of my favorite healthy stuffed chicken breast recipes. That chicken breast gives such a bang for your buck when it comes to maxing protein for calorie intake.
If you want even more protein, try this mouth watering bacon wrapped stuffed chicken. It’s flavorful, filling and satisfying in all of the best ways! I mean, bacon makes EVERYTHING better.
Can I Add More Seasoning?
For an even stronger Mediterranean flavor, try this Italian stuffed chicken breast. It really sings with the spices of that region, and it makes an incredible dinner for company or meal prepping.
Can I Make This Spicy?
Looking for something a little spicier? This fajita stuffed chicken is incredible – moist and flavorful and perfect for pairing with almond flour tortillas or in fajita bowls.
Spinach Stuffed Chicken
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil divided
- 1/2 Onion yellow, diced
- 6 Ounce Spinach fresh
- 2 Cloves Garlic minced
- 4 Ounces Feta crumbled
- 1/2 Cup Sun Dried Tomatoes julienned
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Teaspoons Oregano dried
- 1 Teaspoons Basil dried
- 4 Chicken Breasts boneless, skinless
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 1 Lemon
- 1/2 Cup Kalamata Olives
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to a large pan.
- Once shimmering, add onion and sauté until translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Add spinach (you may need to do this in batches depending on the size of your pan).
- When spinach is wilted and has released its water, add garlic and sauté for 1 minute, or until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add veggies to a large bowl and combine with feta, sun dried tomatoes, salt, pepper, oregano and basil. Set bowl aside.
- Lay chicken breast flat on a cutting board.
- Dry both sides of the chicken with a paper towel.
- Carefully butterfly each chicken breast, or create a pocket in the chicken breast.
- Divide the filling into the chicken breasts.
- Fold the chicken breast over the filling to form a “pocket” (you can use toothpicks to keep everything together).
- Brush both sides of the chicken breasts with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Add bell pepper, olives, and sliced lemon to the pan and brush the tops with olive oil.
- Bake in the oven for 20-24 minutes, or until the internal temperature of your chicken reaches 165F.
- Allowed the chicken to cool before slicing, and enjoy!
If you can’t get enough easy stuffed chicken recipes, check out these hard-to-choose-between options:
- Stuffed Chicken Breast With Stuffing
- Lasagna Stuffed Chicken
- Stuffed Chicken Thighs
- Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Chicken
- Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken
One bite and you’re going to fall in love with the fresh flavors of this spinach stuffed chicken. Comment below with your favorite side to pair it with. Enjoy!