When I picture my ideal quiche recipes (low carb recipes that taste decadent) I think of this mouth-watering spinach quiche recipe!
The sweetness of spinach, the saltiness of thick bacon and mozzarella, creamy eggs – it all adds up to a low carb breakfast that just feels luxurious. Paired with mimosas, it’s a perfect healthy breakfast dish! Or, I’ll add a good salad, for a healthy and satisfying dinner that I absolutely crave!
The flexibility of this recipe allows you to use your favorite quiche crust, so if you aren’t watching your carbs, bring on the flour! If you are, try my almond flour crust for some flakey, buttery goodness. Either way, the filling is magical and ready to complement whatever you bring its way!
There are many reasons this spinach quiche recipe is about to become your favorite dish:
- The ingredients are familiar and inexpensive!
- It’s easy to customize and the flavor combinations are endless.
- In about an hour, you’ll have a drool-worthy dish worth taking to every event.
This easy spinach quiche recipe hits every flavor note perfectly! Read on to learn tips and tricks to make it as easy as it is delicious!
Crust – Again, use whatever you fancy here. BUT (even if you aren’t low carb), you may consider trying my low carb crust — it’s so good, I doubt you’ll miss the traditional kind!
Bacon – there are so many kinds of bacon, and any of them will be sensational in this recipe. Try some pancetta or some smoked bacon for a flavor boost!
Just watch out for sweetened varieties – maple or brown sugar versions will really rack up the sneaky carbs.
Spinach – you can use fresh or frozen spinach for this dish. If using frozen, let it thaw completely then make sure all the water gets pressed out. If you skip this small step, your quiche will get a soggy crust.
Cheese – I like mozzarella in this quiche as you get all the gooey benefits of cheese, while allowing the veggies to be the star of the show! Swap it with whatever cheese you prefer.
Tools To Make
The only special tool you need for this easy and delicious spinach quiche is a pie pan! You can use metal or glass, either works great for this! If you decide to go with glass, lower the baking temperature 25 degrees so the filling can catch up the gently browning outer crust.
One of the amazing magical qualities of quiche is that they taste even better the next day and are absolutely wonderful cold. Go ahead and store this with a nice tight cover of plastic wrap in the fridge, or move it to an airtight container. You can reheat it in the oven or microwave, but, again, it’s perfect with no warming at all.
Can You Freeze This?
You can absolutely freeze this spinach quiche! Just wrap it in an airtight container in the freezer, and when you’re ready to bake, let it thaw on a baking sheet, then bake as usual! If you want to freeze prepared quiche, cut into portions and store in freezer bags.
Meal Prepping Tips
This dish is great for meal prepping because it stores so well in the fridge or freezer. Plus, it’s SO amazing you’ll definitely want it every day of the week.
Simply cut into portions and store in airtight containers in the fridge and VOILA! 8 meals, ready to go.
While this recipe has the classic combo of mozzarella and spinach, there are a million ways to go with healthy recipes. Check them out!
- Make this spinach quiche crustless! One of the wonderful things about quiche is that when you get the right filling, you don’t even need a crust at all! Try this alternate crustless quiche lorraine or this savory crustless spinach quiche when you have veggies you want to use and are craving delicious brunch-y foods.
- Add whatever protein you’d like! Keep the bacon in there and make a bacon spinach quiche with shredded chicken, ground beef, or sausage. Or skip the bacon and add your choice of protein instead — Just be sure to cook the meat before adding it into this bacon quiche.
- Swap spinach for broccoli. Broccoli quiche is an absolutely exquisite version of this recipe, as cheese, broccoli and creamy eggs come together perfectly — just mix it in instead of spinach!
- Add mushroom. Mushrooms provide so much flavor and texture to every dish they’re added to, so I can just taste how scrumptious spinach mushroom quiche would be at any mid-week breakfast. Skip the spinach and turn this into a flavorful mushroom quiche that (unfortunately) you’ll be tempted to eat all of in one sitting!
- Transform this dish into spinach quiche cups. If you don’t have a pie pan, or are just looking to make something super easy to serve!
Spinach QuichePrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- Low Carb Pie Crust or whatever pie crust you’d prefer
- 3/4 Pound Sliced Bacon
- 10 Ounces Fresh Spinach
- 1 Cup White Onion chopped
- 1 Cup Mozzarella shredded
- 6 Large Eggs beaten
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 5 Dashes of Hot Sauce
- 1.5 Teaspoons Kosher Salt
- .5 Teaspoon Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Follow your pie crust baking instructions. Allow the crust to cool completely before adding any eggs.
- In a skillet, cook the bacon until it’s cooked through (this took me about 8 to 10 minutes). Remove the bacon from the pan and place it on paper towels to drain.
- Remove most of the bacon fat, leaving about 2 Tablespoons in the pan to cook the veggies.
- Add onion to skillet and cook until translucent (about 5 to 7 minutes).
- Add the spinach to the skillet and cook until wilted.
- Place cooked veggies on paper towels to collect any access liquid.
- Dice the bacon.
- Add bacon, onions and spinach to the pie crust.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs.
- Add the cream, hot sauce, salt, pepper, and cheese. Stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into the pie crust.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until it’s cooked through. You’ll know the quiche is done when the top begins to brown.
- Allow quiche to cool slightly before serving.
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
Have you decided that healthy quiche recipes are your new go-tos? I don’t blame you! Check out these variations:
This spinach quiche is sure to be the highlight of your morning, and a regular on your meal plan. Comment below whether this will be your mimosa’s main dish or your go-to light evening fare!