You guys are going to laugh when you see just how EASY these super delicious and fluffy paleo pancakes are to make!
We’re talking 3 paleo foods ingredients, mashed together in a bowl, and seared to perfection in a pan of coconut oil. Top these low carb pancakes with whatever you fancy, or eat ‘em plain — either way you’ll love them!
Get that mixing bowl ready, it’s time for paleo pancakes!
How to Make Paleo Pancakes
I’m not kidding when I say these paleo pancakes are the easiest recipe you’ll make on your paleo meal plan! Here’s what you need to know:
1. Mash your banana with a fork.
The smoother you mash the banana, the smoother and creamier your paleo pancakes will be! I try to get out all the banana lumps before adding the additional ingredients.
2. Add The Rest Of Your Protein Pancakes Ingredients
The egg and almond butter are required to make these protein pancakes, but if you’d like to add in some spice, or extra deliciousness, now’s your chance! (recommendations below)
When it comes to almond butter, use creamy or crunchy — whichever you prefer. I like the added texture from crunchy.
3. Carefully Melt The Oil For These Low Carb Pancakes
Believe it or not, this step can make or break your low carb pancakes!
Burnt oil/butter/ghee in the pan can quickly ruin the flavor of your paleo pancakes. To prevent this, keep the heat on medium, and only add a little oil to the pan at a time.
In between each batch of pancakes, very carefully wipe the pan with a paper towel to absorb excess oil, then add a little more into the pan.
4. Sear The Gluten Free Pancakes In a Pan
The easiest way to make circular gluten free pancakes is with a griddle, or stovetop griddle.
But, if you don’t own one (I don’t either!), pour your paleo pancakes batter into the center of a large non-stick skillet, one pancake at a time — this is the best way I’ve found to keep the paleo pancakes looking round and pretty!
If you don’t care how they look, pour as many as you can fit into your skillet, and viola!
Check out this how to make paleo pancakes video for a visual:
Paleo Pancakes Toppings
The most exciting reason to eat pancakes is the toppings, right?!
In my house, we love this paleo pancakes recipe SO much, we skip the toppings! But, if you’re looking to add even more yum to your paleo breakfast routine, here are some options from the paleo food list to choose from:
- Chopped nuts (except peanuts), seeds and unsweetened shredded coconut – Check out my guide to low carb nuts for a full list.
- Sliced fruit – I usually opt for berries. If you’d like to cut back on sugar, check out these low carb fruits.
- Honey/Maple Syrup – if you’re wondering is honey paleo or is maple syrup paleo, this will depend on your goals and your paleo eating plan.
- Paleo Chocolate Chips
Paleo Pancakes Variations
Since there are very few ingredients in this paleo pancakes recipe, there’s plenty of room to get creative. First, consider stirring some of the toppings listed above into the paleo pancakes batter. Or, try:
Sweeten Up These Pancakes
I find the banana to be sweet enough on its own, but if you’d like your paleo pancakes to be even sweeter, consider adding maple syrup or honey to the mix.
protein powder pancakes
Are Paleo Pancakes Healthy?
How healthy these paleo pancakes are, depends on you, your dietary goals, your eating plan, and what your body needs — because that’s different for everyone!
If you’re on a low carb eating plan, you may notice that these pancakes are high in sugar, probably much higher than the other foods you’re currently eating (due to the banana). On the other hand, this recipe is made of unprocessed ingredients full of nutritional value.
For more information on the paleo pancakes nutrition facts, scroll below the recipe to see if this meal works with your goals.
Paleo Pancakes Recipe
I hope you LOVE this super delicious paleo pancakes recipe! It’s on of the easiest paleo breakfast ideas I’ve found, and my family can’t get enough.
Let me know what you think in the comments below! What did you top your paleo pancakes with? Enjoy!
Paleo PancakesPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Banana
- 2 Tablespoons Nut Butter I use almond butter
- Cinnamon optional
- Nutmeg optional
- Mash the banana in a bowl with a fork until smooth(ish).
- Stir in the egg, nut butter, and whatever spices you'd like to use.
- Grease a pan with coconut oil, or butter. Pour batter into 3-4" round pancakes on the skillet.
- Cook until each sides becomes golden brown and flip.
- Cook other side until golden brown.
- Serve with maple syrup, shredded coconut, fruit or topping of your choice and enjoy!
- Nutritional information is based on 1 pancake, if you were to make 4 pancakes with this recipe.
Looking for paleo pancakes no banana? Check out these options:
almond flour pancakes
Almond flour pancakes are made with my favorite low carb flour, plus baking soda to amp up the “fluff” factor. Every bit as delicious, the dry ingredients for these paleo pancakes almond flour can be mixed ahead of time for paleo pancakes mix when you’re in a hurry!
coconut flour pancakes
These coconut flour pancakes require additional ingredients, but are definitely worth a try if you’re looking for paleo pancakes more similar to a traditional recipe.
Chocolate Keto Pancakes
These keto pancakes are super tasty, super chocolatey, and can be transformed into paleo pancakes by simply swapping the cream cheese with paleo pancakes pumpkin or a banana! Give ‘em a try.