Break out this low carb strawberry margarita recipe for your next get together with friends, family, or your sweetie!
Low carb cocktails like this one bring allllll the flavor and fun without the carbs!
That’s right, you read that correctly. You’re not sacrificing anything with this low carb margarita. It’s clean, no sugar added, with just the right amount of low carb alcohol. AND, it’s simple to make! Now THAT’S a cocktail I’ll cheers to!
Viva low carb drinks! (No one will even know the difference!)
What’s not to love about a refreshing low carb strawberry margarita recipe?! Here are only a couple reasons why I love this recipe (because I actually have a thousand reasons why!):
- Doesn’t EVERYBODY love a margarita?! There’s something so festive and special about drinking one! It’s always an instant celebration!
- This recipe is SO simple, delicious and you only need limited (5) ingredients!
- Do you have 5 minutes? Then you have enough time to whip these fun drinks up!
- Switch up the fruit (or even chose to leave it out) or the type of liquor added to really customize this drink to create your own speciality cocktail. You make the rules here!
A traditional margarita is typically LOADED with calories, slows down your digestion and spikes your blood sugar. Yikes, that kills the party vibes quickly.
Make this skinny low carb strawberry margarita recipe with just five ingredients…
Strawberries: Use fresh strawberries for best results but if you have frozen, just thaw them out and muddle away!
Erythritol: Keto sweeteners are a fantastic substitute for that icky processed refined sugar that just packs on the carbs and brings on the hangovers. Ugh.
Orange Extract: This jacks up the flavor of your drink and smells divine! It’s also a waaaaay better option than the typical sweet orange liqueurs. Bonus: it’s cheaper too! Win-Win!
Lime Juice: I love to use fresh lime juice over the prepackaged concentrates. I think you can definitely taste the difference but use what you have! (You can always sub this with lemon juice too or try a combination of both!)
Tools To Make
Really the only two tools you will need to make this low carb strawberry margarita recipe are:
- A trusty cocktail shaker and strainer. Don’t have a cocktail shaker?! No worries! Easily create a makeshift one with a mason jar, to-go coffee mug or a stainless steel exercise water bottle!
- A container to muddle your strawberries in. FYI: Muddling simply means pressing your ingredients against the bottom/side of the glass to break them down. Don’t skip this step! It brings INSANE flavor to your drink and makes you an expert mixologist! You can even do this in your cocktail shaker to avoid doing more dishes!
If there’s any low carb strawberry margarita recipe left, store it in the fridge without the ice.
Seeking other low carb margarita drinks to work into your rotation? Check out the below ways to mix it up (literally)!
- Use whatever fruit you fancy. Check out these low carb fruits, and swap one in.
- Make a beergarita (Beer+Margarita). There’s truly nothing more exciting than dumping a low carb beer into your low carb marg for the ultimate in adult drinking satisfaction.
- Add some bubbles. You can do this by swapping water for soda water, diet sprite, or even diet ginger beer, like in this keto moscow mule. If you’re using diet sprite or ginger beer, you’ll want to leave out some or all of the erythritol.
- Swap the alcohol. Tequila is the staple for all margaritas, but you can easily make a similar drink (keto mojito) by subbing in rum.
Check out more festive low carb drink options below for inspiration:
- Keto Eggnog
- Low Carb Hot Chocolate
- Low Carb Protein Shake
- Keto Chocolate Milk
- How To Make Coconut Milk
Low Carb Strawberry MargaritaPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- Muddle strawberries (2 hulled and sliced) in a cocktail shaker.
- Add erythritol (1/2-3/4 teaspoon), tequila (1 1/2 Ounces), water (3 Ounces), orange extract (1/4 teaspoon), lime juice (1 Ounce), ice. Cover and shake.
- Strain into a cocktail glass with ice. Garnish with strawberry slices and enjoy!