I am SO EXCITED to introduce you to my low carb peanut butter cookies!
Have you been looking for some new, yummy low carb recipes that’re also healthy recipes? Look no further than this peanut buttery, decadent dessert.
Forget all those refined sugar bomb PB cookies, these healthy cookies are every bit as DELISH! Low carb peanut butter cookies make for fantastic low carb snacks, desserts, you name it! Plus, they’re packed with protein to fill you up, without all the extra junk added.
Whip up a batch (or two) today!
When it comes to low carb peanut butter cookies, what’s not to love? Here are some positives about this recipe:
- They’re nutritionally cleaner and low in carbs, void of refined sugar and gluten free! Soooo, you can feel good about eating more than one of them! 😉
- Being a total peanut butter fan, I loveeee its salty and smooth flavor, especially when it’s in a cookie!
- There are only a few ingredients and you most likely already have a lot of them on hand! No additional trip to the grocery store? Score!
- In only 20 minutes you can prep, cook and eat these bad boys!
- Customize them to your liking! You can easily add keto-friendly chocolate, unsweetened coconut flakes, a low-carb Nutella, frosting, a low-carb jelly, etc. The possibilities are endless!
Here’s everything you need to know to make my low carb peanut butter cookies. Put your apron on and let’s get to baking!
Here’s the scoop on everything you’ll need!
- Brown Erythritol: A better for you, low carb substitute for brown sugar. It’s diabetes friendly and doesn’t spike your blood sugar.
- Low Carb Peanut Butter: Be sure to check labels to make sure that the one you get is, in fact, low carb. There are a lot out there that contain unnecessary sugar.
- Peanut Flour: A fab gluten free flour that is PACKED with protein! In case you don’t know much about it: peanut flour is essentially, partially defatted peanuts made by grinding peanuts into a paste, then pressing the paste to extract the oil — the end result is a product with significantly less fat and more protein than most low carb flour. Protein Plus is one of my go-to’s!
- Baking Soda + Vanilla + Salt – These are all baking staples that you most likely already have in your pantry. If not, go pick them up, you’ll use them like crazy in my other baking recipes!
My biggest tip and (the hardest one) about these low carb peanut butter cookies is that they must be completely cooled on the cookie tray before you remove them. Otherwise, they will crumble and you don’t want crumbled cookies…
Although, if they do crumble, you could use them as a topping on your favorite low carb ice cream. I’m all about re-purposing leftovers!
Once cooled, store the low carb peanut butter cookies in an air-tight container or plastic bag in the fridge or freezer.
Can You Freeze Them?
Yes, you can freeze them! I looooove to freeze cookies to enjoy another day without having to make them all over again! It’s the perfect treat when you get a cookie monster craving!
These cookies are addictingly delicious on their own!! But if’d you’d like to mix things up a tad, here are some options:
Can I Substitute Peanut Butter for Another Flour?
Yes, you can absolutely sub peanut flour for almond flour! Almond flour peanut butter cookies are amazing as well, but their nutritional breakdown will change a bit (more fat, less protein).
Can I Turn These Into No Bake Cookies?
I adore low carb no bake cookies because you don’t even have to turn your oven on! They’re perfect when you don’t have a ton of time, or it’s hot out.
You’ll definitely want to bake this specific recipe to cook the eggs and marry the flavors — but check out my healthy no bake cookies for an oven free variation!
Would These Make For Good Breakfast Cookies?
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, ALL cookies make good breakfast cookies! You have my 100% permission to nom on some cookies for breakfast!
You can feel good doing it too, knowing that these low carb peanut butter cookies aren’t full of sugar and won’t put a dent in your healthy eating!
Can I Add Frosting?
Yes, of course, you can add frosting! Add whatever you’re craving or have on hand for these healthy desserts. Make these cookies work for you.
I love to add frosting, while still happily keeping this in the ‘low carb desserts’ category! Whip up some sugar-free frosting and spread it over my almond flour sugar cookies to really fall in love! Frost to your cravings!
Can I Make These Biscuit Like?
I love biscuits as much as the next girl! But, this recipe is a bit difficult to swap ingredients to make the cookies more biscuit like.
Buuuuut if you’re hankering from something a bit more buttery and sweet, you should try my almond flour shortbread cookies. They’re the perfect healthy snacks when you want something sweeter!
Low Carb Peanut Butter Cookies
- Preheat oven to 375 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to beat together erythritol, peanut butter and eggs.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, vanilla and salt, and mix to combine.
- Form cookie dough into 18 round disc, and place 2” apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Use a fork to press the cookies down into ½” thickness, while creating a criss-cross pattern on top.
- Toss cookies in preheated oven and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool on the tray completed before removing. (they’ll fall apart if you try to snack too soon). Option to sprinkle with salt, and enjoy!
If you’re a cookie lover like me, check out these additional delectably delicious low carb cookies:
I am hoping to bake your day a little better with my low carb peanut butter cookies! Try them out and comment on the results below! Enjoyyy!