You don’t have to be on Sex and the City to unwind with a low carb cosmopolitan. Had low carb drinks gained popularity in the 1990’s, Carrie Bradshaw would have undoubtedly ordered low carb cocktails on the show.
Now low carb recipes open the proverbial floodgates to a myriad of healthy drinks, and you can enjoy them all! You don’t have to reconcile a high carb count with your craving for a cocktail and you don’t have to undo any of your hard work!
You can have your cake and eat it too – literally!
See for yourself.
Drinking it of course! I just love slow sipping a low carb cosmo when I’m ready to take the edge off and this low carb cosmopolitan recipe let’s me do just that!
It’s not only low in carbs but it’s low in calories too and it tastes Ah-ma-zing!
Here are some other great qualities to love.
- Totally refreshing
- Low carb and low calorie
- Easy to make
Making your low carb cosmopolitan recipe is so completely simple it only takes a few minutes. First, you’ll need to muddle your raspberries.
If you don’t have a muddler, a wooden spoon works well. Use a firm but gentle hand to muddle fruit to a jam-like consistency.
Don’t panic if you don’t have a cocktail shaker either. A mason jar will do the trick.
Then you can just slide the top over askew and use it to strain your cocktail. If you want to keep it for future use as a strainer, poke a few small holes in it.
Traditional cosmos are made with cranberry juice but this low carb cosmopolitan recipe calls for raspberries which are much lower in carbs. This gives your drink that signature pinkish hue and sweet flavor.
You’ll also notice that I chose erythritol as the low carb sweetener in this low carb cosmopolitan recipe. It’s great for drinks because of the cooling effect that is has and it doesn’t spike blood sugar so its diabetes-friendly.
Tools To Make
Making this low carb cosmopolitan only takes a couple of minutes and doesn’t require any special tools. While trade tools can be nice to use, you can garner the same effect using a few simple items from your kitchen cabinets (no need to spend extra).
Here’s what it takes…
- Martini glass – for serving your drink
- Cocktail shaker or mason jar – for blending and straining ingredients
- Muddler or wooden spoon – for muddling fruit
Viola! Could it be any easier?!
This low carb cosmopolitan recipe is so simple to make it is best served fresh. Citrus and fruit juice flavors degrade quite quickly, so you’ll want to prepare this drink as close to serving time as possible.
If you’re making this low carb cosmopolitan recipe to serve a crowd, you can make it a couple of hours ahead and store it in the fridge, but your drinks will need to be shaken again at serving time.
You have options when it comes to your low carb cosmopolitan recipe! Changing things up is a cinch and it can be as subtle or extreme as you want.
Here are a few suggestions but don’t let this short little list limit you in any way!
- Switch out the raspberries for any preferred low carb fruits! If you have some leftover, you can also make a low carb strawberry margarita. Want something a little less fruity? Try making a keto mojito instead.
- Muddle herbs like mint or rosemary with your fruit.
- Use lemon juice instead of lime juice. make this low carb cosmopolitan recipe with lemon instead of lime or just make a low carb margarita instead.
- Try using other vodka flavor options (plain, ginger, etc..)
- Make This With Rum! That’s the beauty of this versatile low carb cosmopolitan recipe. You can also make it with tequila or gin. If you’re in the mood for something really indulgent, you can also make keto eggnog that is out of this world!
Low Carb CosmopolitanPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- Add raspberries to a cocktail shaker and lightly muddle.
- Add vodka, orange extract, erythritol, lime juice and ice.
- Cover and shake.
- Strain cosmo into a martini glass
- Garnish with lime wheel and enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
Making low carb cocktails just takes a little creativity and a good recipe. Believe it or not, many pure forms of alcohol are totally carb free!
This means you can totally enjoy low carb alcohol drinks in the right proportions without wrecking your hard work. Hello Happy Hour!
All it takes is a few simple tricks of the trade. Here are some of my favorite low carb cocktail recipes for you to try.
- Low Carb Martini – Have it wet or dry.
- Keto White Russian – When you want a creamy indulgent drink.
- Low Carb Beer – Yeah, it’s a thing!
- Low Carb Wine – Stay within your macros and have a drink with dinner.
- Low Carb Mulled Wine – The best cold weather cocktail
I don’t look like Sarah Jessica Parker, but I sure do enjoy a low carb cosmopolitan! It’s refreshing, sophisticated and totally delicious.
Plus, it only takes about 5 minutes to make. When it comes to recipes for low carb cocktails, this is one of my FAVES!
Next time you’re ready to take a load off and unwind, shake up a low carb cosmopolitan and see what all the fuss is about! You’ll be glad you did.