Of all the low carb fast food chains, low carb Chipotle has the most, and the tastiest, options.
Their menu is practically made for those of us sticking to low carb foods. High in protein, fat and full of flavor, there are more menu items we CAN eat then can’t! So let’s talk about all this low carb restaurants got to offer, from what to skip and what to order an extra scoop of…
Bring it on low carb Chipotle!
Psst — if you’d like to make your own keto Chipotle bowl, check out their nutrition calculator! It’s SUPER easy to select the ingredients you’re craving and find the caloric, carb, and fiber totals.
The low carb Chipotle menu is FULL of the most flavorful, craveable and delicious low carb foods! With their zesty salsas, tender meats, and freshly cut veggies, you can concoct the low carb taco salad of your dreams!
Here’s how to order:
1. Start by ordering a salad.
I’m using the word “salad” loosely here, only because that’s what they call it on their menu. Let’s be honest here, most low carb salads don’t come decadently covered in guac, sour cream, grilled steak and cheese, but when you order low carb Chipotle they sure do!
Often, meat served at restaurants is coated in cornstarch or covered in a sweet sauce — which cranks up the carb count…
But not at low carb Chipotle! Their chicken and carnitas both have 0 grams of carbs, while chorizo, barbacoa and steak have 2 grams or less. Avoid the sofritas with 9 grams of carbs per serving.
PRO TIP: I often order double meat.
Telling you what toppings to order is like telling you to eat crunchy PB if you’re a creamy kinda person. Select YOUR favorite toppings based on your tastebuds and what works with your meal plan. Splurge where you’d like, and conserve where you don’t mind.
Here’s the carb breakdown of the Chipotle toppings (based on 1 serving):
- Pico de Gallo | Carbs: 4g, Net Carbs: 3g
- Fajita Veggies | Carbs: 5g, Net Carbs: 4g
- Queso | Carbs: 4g, Net Carbs: 3.5g
- Salas | Carbs: 4g, Net Carbs: 4g
- Lettuce | Carbs: 1g, Net Carbs: 0g
- Cheese | Carbs: 1g, Net Carbs: 1g
- Guacamole | Carbs: 8g, Net Carbs: 2g
- Sour Cream | Carbs: 2g, Net Carbs: 2g
Example Order (low-est carb!):
When I’m on the road or short on time, I always know my favorite Chipotle low carb order is an option. Order whatever combination you’re craving from the list above, here’s what my Chipotle bowl looks like:
- Pico de Gallo
All of that for 15g total carbs, 7g net carbs! I order my low carb Chipotle with DOUBLE MEAT so I can turn this bowl into 2 meals.
Example Order (a few extra carbs):
Doug (Little Pine Low Carb’s main taste tester) goes with the heartier Chipotle keto steak bowl. He isn’t as strict about his carb count, so he goes heavier on the veggies:
- Double Steak
- Fajita Veggies
- Pico de Gallo
The usual suspects are what will crank up the carb count on your Chipotle salad bowl. You know the drill…
- Brown Rice | Carbs: 36g, Net Carbs: 34g
- White Rice | Carbs: 40g, Net Carbs: 39g
- Black Beans | Carbs: 22g, Net Carbs: 15g
- Pinto Beans | Carbs: 21g, Net Carbs: 13g
- Roasted Corn Salsa | Carbs: 16g, Net Carbs: 13g
- Chips | Carbs: 73g, Net Carbs: 64g
- Tortillas | Carbs: 50g, Net Carbs: 47g
Curious about the macros of your old order? (Or what you were tempted to order this time?)
Here’s the Chiptole nutrition of a few more “traditional” orders. Brace yourself, it’s shocking:
- Chicken burrito with rice, beans, guacamole, corn salsa, lettuce, and pico de gallo | Carbs: 141g, Net Carbs: 119g
- Burrito bowl with rice, beans, guacamole, pice de gallo and lettuce | Carbs: 71.5g, Net Carbs: 56g
Now, in my opinion, these items are there to add bulk rather than flavor. That said, if you’re REALLY craving some of this stuff, there are low carb versions you can enjoy alongside your low carb Chipotle order…
Looking for low carb recipes to enjoy instead of the high carb restaurant options? I’ve got you! Here are some of my favorite copycat Chipotle recipes:
- Low Carb Tortilla Chips to curb your salty, crunchy cravings.
- Low Carb Tortillas that are actually pliable!
- Low Carb Nachos. Try these 2 ways: quick and easy, or more authentic.
- Guacamole. It’s so easy to make at home, you’ll never order it again!
- Low Carb Taco Salad. With low carb versions of all the fixings.
Obviously, it isn’t ideal for your health to chow down on fast food for every meal. But every now and again, we get in a pinch and need something quick and easy.
Which is where these handy guides to low carb fast food come in. It’s great to know you have options, wherever you are!
- Low Carb Taco Bell. These options will make you forget all about burritos and chips.
- Low Carb Mcdonalds. Great for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
- Low Carb Starbucks. Not just coffee, but DELISH snack options.
- Low Carb Burger King. Quick and easy burger option.
- Low Carb Wendy’s. Another burger joint that’s always there when you need it.
Low carb Chipotle makes for great low carb dinners and lunches when you’re on the go or short on time.
Check out Chipotle’s nutrition calculator to create a bowl based on what you’re craving, and enjoy! Leave a comment below and share with us how you order your low carb Chipotle! Do you prefer chicken or steak? Double meat or extra veggies? Enjoy!