Lemon chicken marinade is one of those out of this world low carb dinners that’s so full of INCREDIBLE flavor, you won’t believe it!
When it comes to low carb chicken recipes, making your own chicken marinade recipes is an easy way to infuse tons of flavor, for a quick, inexpensive and EASY way to upgrade your next meal!
And with this crazy scrumptious lemon chicken marinade, you’ll fall in love with low carb recipes all over again!
Let’s get cooking…
I’m absolutely in LOVE with the simplicity of this recipe! Chicken couldn’t get more moist and flavorful!
Here are some more reasons to love this lemon chicken marinade:
- Lip smackin’ good. You’re not going to believe the incredible flavor that comes out of this crazy simple marinade.
- Totally simple. You literally just throw everything in a bag, shake it up and toss it in the fridge.
- Keeps chicken moist. That’s right — marinating chicken not only makes it more flavorful, it also helps to prevent the meat from drying out.
- Low carb!!
Making this lemon chicken marinade will make you seem like a pro in the kitchen. Whether you’re cooking for the fam or a hungry crowd, this lemon chicken marinade takes yard bird to a whole new level!
Herbs – Using fresh herbs makes this lemon chicken marinade incredibly flavorful! Dried herbs will work just fine but if you want that something extra then opt for the fresh stuff.
Chicken – The recipe below calls for boneless, skinless chicken breast, but this recipe can easily be used as a chicken thigh marinade as well — just know the cook times will vary if you swap the cut.
Tools To Make
Preparing lemon chicken marinade really only requires a decent knife for chopping and a nice large freezer baggie that won’t leak. How simple is that?
Although this makes a great grilled chicken marinade, you can also use it for a baked chicken marinade.
Remove air from the bag! Remember that air causes oxidation, which is the enemy of food. If you squeeze all the air out of the bag while your chicken is marinating, it’ll help infuse all that yummy flavor deep into the meat.
It’s also important to let your cooked chicken rest before slicing it. If you cut the meat right away, all those tasty juices from the lemon chicken marinade will flow right out leaving you with a dry, bland piece of meat. Resting allows the collagen to thicken the juices so they stay in the chicken!
Can You Freeze This?
Yes!! Another attractive characteristic of this incredible lemon chicken marinade is the fact that you can freeze it, making meal prep a breeze.
We like to make the marinade in bulk, then freeze it marinating the chicken in baggies. When you’re ready to eat it, defrost a baggie in the fridge overnight, your chicken will marinade as it defrosts!
Changing this recipe to suit your individual taste is so incredibly simple, just remember that any adjustments to the recipe will likely change the flavor so I do recommend trying the original recipe first!
- Add in your favorite herbs and spices. This chicken marinade is flexible and can easy go in any direction you want to take it with a few simple herb and spice swaps. Turn it into a Mediterranean chicken marinade with oregano and red pepper flakes. Or chipotle chicken marinade with cumin and chili powder!
- Add some heat. Throw in some chopped jalapenos to turn this into a spicy chicken marinade with some kick. You can also use habanero peppers for jerk chicken. Bring on the heat!!
- Swap lemon for lime for an equally delicious lime chicken marinade.
Lemon Chicken MarinadePrint Recipe Pin Recipe
Chicken + Marinade
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 4 Cloves Garlic chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Rosemary chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Oregano
- 2 Lemons juiced
- 2 Lbs Chicken Breast boneless + skinless
- Mix marinade ingredients together in a large resealable bag.
- Add chicken, seal the bag, and toss the bag to evenly coat the chicken.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes - overnight (the longer the more flavorful!)
- Turn on / get the heat in your grill to medium.
- Brush the grill grates with oil.
- Use tongs to add chicken to the grill and cover with the lid. Cook on this side for 7 minutes.
- Use tongs to flip the breasts, then cover the grill and cook this side for another 5-7 (this will vary depending on the heat of your grill and how thick your chicken is). You'll know the chicken is done once the internal temp has reached 165 F.
- Get a fresh pair of tongs and a fresh plate. Use the fresh tongs to move the chicken to the plate.
- Allow the chicken to rest for 10 minutes before slicing, and enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
Here’s a handful of some of our favorite chicken recipes for you to savor at your leisure!
- Asian Chicken Marinade. Another delicious and flavor-packed marinade!
- Chinese Chicken Salad. This one is a classic and for good reason.
- Yogurt Marinated Chicken. Yogurt makes this chicken marinade so stinking moist!
- Greek Chicken Salad. All the ingredients and flavors you love in Greek food, tossed into a scrumptious salad.
- Greek Yogurt Chicken Salad. Meet mayonnaise’s upgraded twin!
This zesty lemon chicken marinade is an easy way to take dinner from good to Grreat! I can’t think of an easier, tastier way to change things up a bit, while staying true to your healthy lifestyle.
Let me know what you think in the comments below, and enjoyyyy!