Lemon chicken marinade is one of those out of this world low carb dinners that’s so full of INCREDIBLE flavor, you won’t believe it!
When it comes to low carb chicken recipes, making your own chicken marinade recipes is an easy way to infuse tons of flavor, for a quick, inexpensive and EASY way to upgrade your next meal! That’s right my friends, healthy chicken recipes don’t all have to taste the same…
And with this crazy scrumptious lemon chicken marinade, you’ll fall in love with low carb recipes all over again!
So without further ado, let’s get cooking…
I’m absolutely in LOVE with the simplicity of this recipe! You literally just throw everything in a bag, shake it up and toss it in the fridge. And you’re not going to believe the incredible flavor that comes out of it. Chicken couldn’t get more moist and flavorful!
Here are some more reasons to love this lemon chicken marinade:
- Lip smackin’ good
- Totally simple
- Keeps chicken moist
- Low carb
- Fresh herbs
Making this lemon chicken marinade will make you seem like a pro in the kitchen. Whether you’re cooking for the fam or a hungry crowd, this lemon chicken marinade takes yard bird to a whole new level!
Remember that air causes oxidation, which is the enemy of food. If you squeeze all the air out of the bag while your chicken is marinating, it’ll help infuse all that yummy flavor deep into the meat.
It’s also important to let your cooked chicken rest before slicing it. If you cut the meat right away, all those tasty juices from the lemon chicken marinade will flow right out leaving you with a dry, bland piece of meat. Resting allows the collagen to thicken the juices so they stay in the chicken!
Using fresh herbs and lemon juice makes this lemon chicken marinade incredibly flavorful! Dried herbs and pre-squeezed lemon juice will work just fine but if you want that something extra then opt for the fresh stuff.
Of course, bone in chicken works just as well as deboned chicken. I like to leave the chicken on the bone, especially for my lemon chicken marinade and here’s why…
Bones themselves are a mysterious grid of calcium phosphate, organic fats and other delicious compounds. As the bone marrow heats up, all those savory juices are released. They penetrate the meat infusing a myriad of divine flavors. So, the old adage is true – bones add flavor to your meat!!
Tools To Make This Low Carb Dinner
Preparing lemon chicken marinade really only requires a decent knife for chopping and a nice large freezer baggie that won’t leak. How simple is that? You can have your low carb dinners marinating in 10 minutes or less, including the chopping.
Storing your lemon chicken marinade for future healthy dinners couldn’t be simpler — just keep it in an airtight container in the refrigerator!
Can You Freeze This?
Yes!! Another attractive characteristic of this incredible lemon chicken marinade is the fact that you can freeze it, making meal prep a breeze.
Cook it, then freeze it, so you have marinated chicken ready when you are.
Meal Prepping Tips
Prepping lemon chicken marinade is a cinch! Here’s the thing – the longer the chicken marinates the better the flavor will be. That’s why the recipe calls for marinading 30 minutes to overnight, depending on your schedule.
Changing this recipe to suit your individual taste is so incredibly simple, just remember that any adjustments to the recipe will likely change the flavor of your healthy recipes so I do recommend trying the original recipe first.
- My favorite variations to lemon chicken marinade are so simple that it doesn’t add any time to the recipe at all! Sometimes, I substitute cilantro for the Rosemary for a refreshing ray of sunshine on a plate.
- My Man lovesss his spicy foods! So when I’m making a batch just for him, I like to throw in some chopped jalapenos to give my lemon chicken marinade a little kick. Bring on the heat!!
- Adding low carb bbq sauce to your lemon chicken marinade is a nice way to change things up a bit. You can also try making BBQ chicken marinade (a huge hit with the kiddos!) or soy sauce chicken marinade. Try them both and alternate the recipes to incorporate some variety into this month’s menu plan. You’ll be glad you did!
Lemon Chicken MarinadePrint Recipe Pin Recipe
Chicken + Marinade
- 1/2 Cup Olive Oil
- 4 Cloves Garlic chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Rosemary chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Oregano
- 2 Lemons juiced
- 2 Lbs Chicken Breast
- Mix marinade ingredients together in a large resealable bag.
- Add chicken, seal the bag, and toss the bag to evenly coat the chicken.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes - overnight (the longer the more flavorful!)
- Turn on / get the heat in your grill up to medium.
- Brush the grill grates with oil.
- Use tongs to add chicken to the grill and cover with the lid. Cook on this side for 7 minutes.
- Use tongs to flip the breasts, then cover the grill and cook this side for another 5-7 (this will vary depending on the heat of your grill and how thick your chicken is). You'll know the chicken is done once the internal temp has reached 165 F.
- Get a fresh pair of tongs and a fresh plate. Use the fresh tongs to move the chicken to the plate.
- Allow the chicken to rest for 10 minutes before slicing, and enjoy!
Using a variety of marinades in healthy chicken recipes is a great way to simplify the cooking process and incorporate different flavors into your main dishes. Finding chicken marinade recipes isn’t usually a problem, BUT, finding low carb chicken marinade recipes that taste incredible (like this one), can be a tall order to fill!
So, here is a handful of some of my best chicken marinade recipes for you to savor at your leisure!
- Asian Chicken Marinade
- Yogurt Marinated Chicken
- Mediterranean Chicken Marinade
- Greek Chicken Marinade
- Low Carb Fried Chicken
This zesty lemon chicken marinade is an easy way to take dinner from good to Grreat! I can’t think of an easier, tastier way to change things up a bit, while staying true to your healthy lifestyle. Lemon chicken marinade is fantastic for cozy dinners at home, backyard BBQs or even potlucks.
Let me know what you think in the comments below, and enjoyyyy!