This luscious chocolate peanut butter fat bombs recipe is insanely addicting because they taste EXACTLY like Reeses, but have only 2 net carbs per treat! Low carb recipes don’t get any better than that!
This is one of those low carb snacks that blows regular snacks out of the water…
Peanut buttery and delicious with the tiniest touch of salt, this low carb candy will melt in your mouth. They’re the perfect after-lunch treat or movie munchie! One bite, and you’ll be swept away by how incredible they are.
Keep this chocolate peanut butter fat bombs recipe in mind whenever you need healthy recipes that make you feel like you’re spoiling yourself! Let’s get started!
This chocolate peanut butter fat bombs recipe is absolutely delicious, and they’re my all-time favorite for so many reasons!
- 5 easy and inexpensive ingredients!
- Ready in less time than your favorite sitcom!
- These creamy and sweet chocolate gems have all the flavors we crave without the carbs!
These fat bombs are quick and effortless to throw together! Here are a few tips to get you on your way to chocolate heaven:
This chocolate peanut butter fat bombs recipe depends on a couple of key ingredients, so let’s make sure you know the specifics:
Chocolate – make sure you get low carb chocolate for this tasty treat. Lily’s makes a variety of low carb flavors, so you can make these into milk, semi-sweet or dark chocolate fat bombs.
Low Carb Peanut Butter – Many peanut butter varieties have a lot of hidden sugar, so it’s important to get a low carb version or make your own. You can get creamy or add a little crunch, whatever your preference!
If you only have granulated on hand, don’t dismay! Just give it a few pulses in your blender or food processor.
Tools To Make
I used just a few specific tools for this easy recipe, and you probably already have them or can make your own:
- Double Boiler – this fancy-sounding piece of equipment is just a special way to melt things like chocolate so they get perfectly creamy and don’t scorch or seize. If you have a pot and a metal or glass bowl, you can make your own, easy peasy!
- Candy mold – I used a peanut butter cup mold for these chocolate treats, but you can also use a mini muffin pan. This particular recipe is going to make about 18 bombs — so depending on your mold, you may need to do this in batches.
Because of the coconut oil in this chocolate peanut butter fat bombs recipe, it’s best to keep these sweeties stored in the fridge. Keeping them off the counter ALSO helps me to not eat them all in one sitting, so, double win!
After I pull them out of the freezer, I layer them with parchment paper in an airtight container to keep them fresh and so they don’t stick together.
Can You Freeze Them?
You can absolutely freeze this chocolate peanut butter fat bombs recipe! Store them with parchment paper between each layer, in an airtight container (I prefer a resealable bag to release as much air as possible).
You can pull out just a few at a time to thaw, or eat them nice and cold, which is my FAVORITE way!!
This chocolate peanut butter fat bombs recipe is a pretty classic sweet and salty combo. But if you want to add a little variety, check out these tips:
Can I Add Cream Cheese?
Cream cheese is such a wonderful ingredient for these low carb treats!
Save Your Favorite Recipes!Create an account and save all your favorite recipes for easy access!
Add cream cheese to these fat bombs by subbing out the peanut butter layer for a combination of cream cheese, butter, and erythritol (check out my cream cheese fat bombs to give you a better idea). Sandwiched between the 2 layers of chocolate, they’ll taste like cheesecake fat bombs!
Can I Add Fruit?
Have some extra berries on hand?
Low carb berries make for delicious fat bombs (check out these strawberry cheesecake fat bombs!), BUT won’t work as ingredients in this recipe, as the berries will add too much liquid and make this heavenly chocolate peanut butter fat bombs recipe more like liquid-y fat bombs.
Can I Add Some Citrus Flavor?
Personally, peanut butter and citrus aren’t my fave combo, but if you’d like, go ahead and add some lemon or orange peel into the chocolate mix!
Or, if it’s citrus you’re craving, try these lush lemon fat bombs or these rich and bright-tasting lemon cheesecake fat bombs.
Can I Add Coconut?
Now, peanut butter and coconut, on the other hand, are one of my favorite combos (think peanut butter coconut fat bombs!)!
If you’re with me, stir some unsweetened and shredded coconut into the peanut butter combo for sweet and velvety coconut fat bombs!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Fat Bombs
Peanut Butter Layer
- 9 Ounce Low Carb Chocolate*
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- Melt together coconut oil and peanut butter in a large, heat safe bowl. I do this using the double boiler method, you can use a microwave if that’s easier.
- Using a rubber spatula, stir in the erythritol and salt until they dissolve.
- In a second large heatsafe bowl, melt the chocolate and coconut oil, again you can do this in a double boiler or in the microwave. Don’t heat the chocolate too high, as this will cause the chocolate to harden and make it difficult to spoon into the molds.*
- Prepare a mini muffin pan with mini muffin wrappers, or, use a peanut butter cup mold (this is what I used in the photos above).
- Spoon a dollop of melted chocolate into each of the molds (making sure you only use ½ of the chocolate), and toss the tray into the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer, and spoon a dollop of the melted peanut butter combo (use all of the peanut butter). Then toss your tray back into the freezer for another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer, and spoon the rest of the chocolate into the molds.
- Place in the freezer for 15-30 minutes, or until the peanut butter cups come out of their molds easily. Enjoy!
Looking to add more fat bombs to your daily diet? I don’t blame you! Check out these amazing variations!
- Peanut Butter Fat Bombs. Think, a low carb version of peanut butter fudge. Need I say more?
- Chocolate Fat Bombs. My take on a low carb crunch bar!
- Cookie Dough Fat Bomb. Egg-free cookie dough, in all it’s low carb goodness!
This melt-in-your-mouth chocolate peanut butter fat bombs recipe is about to change your life, as they add low carb deliciousness to your every day! Comment below if you’re a peanut butter purist, or tell me which variation is your fave! Enjoyy!