Save yourself some time, money and lots of carbs with an extra delicious, crazy addicting bowl of keto granola cereal!
Throw it together in minutes, and store it in the fridge for quick and easy low carb breakfasts all week long. Customize it, get creative with toppings — this keto granola recipe is SO good, it’s about to become your new kitchen staple!
So turn on that oven and let’s make this keto granola recipe!
Carbs in Granola
As delicious as traditional granola is, it’s a high carb landmine, full of ingredients those of us sticking to low carb foods try to avoid: sugar, honey, maple syrup to start — then oats, sweetened coconut and much more depending on the flavor.
In fact, there are 65.7 grams of carbs in granola (per 1 cup), according to the USDA nutritional database. Let’s shave off a ton of carbs in this keto granola recipe, shall we? Here’s how:
How to Make Keto Granola
To make this keto granola recipe, all you need is a handful of low carb shopping list items. Combined, they make a tastier, crunchier and just as sweet granola recipe that you don’t have to be keto to love! Here’s what goes into this keto granola:
Grain Free Granola Base
Instead of oats, we’ll be using keto nuts and shredded unsweetened coconut. They add a ton of flavor and nutritional value to this grain free granola — plus a heck of alot more crunch!
Sugar Free Granola Sweetener
Most granola recipe are sweetened with honey, maple syrup or table sugar — not this sugar free granola! I use erythritol in this keto granola recipe — it’s my favorite keto sweetener, a tummy friendly sugar alcohol. You can replace this ingredient with your sweetener of choice.
On top of these big swaps, we’ll be tossing a few additional ingredients into the keto granola mix:
- Egg. Helps to bind all our ingredients together into delicious crunchy keto granola clusters.
- Cocoa Powder. Because chocolate and cocoa are SO delicious together.
- Coconut Oil. Again helps to add a little extra crunch to our keto granola.
- Spices. Cinnamon and nutmeg are two of my favorite spices for keto granola, feel free to add whatever you fancy!
Gluten Free Granola Swaps + Variations
Gluten free granola is one of those recipes you can customize every which way — although you’ll want to keep the egg whites, coconut oil, and nut ratio the same. Here are some of the best keto granola swaps:
- Nut free granola. Those allergic to nuts can leave out the pecans and use shredded unsweetened coconut instead.
- Swap the nuts. Use whatever nuts you prefer, just be sure to add 5 cups of nuts/coconut to this recipe. Pecans are my favorite nut with chocolate and coconut — some varieties such as almonds or peanuts will add more crunch to this keto granola.
- Keto granola coconut free. If you aren’t a fan of coconut, add whatever low carb nuts you prefer in their place.
Tips for Perfecting This Paleo Granola
Great news friends, this recipe is as easy as low carb pie! But there are a few important tricks I’d like to share before you get to baking this paleo granola recipe:
- I used no salt added nuts. If your nuts are salted, leave out the salt added to this recipe.
- Get your keto granola grain size right. We want our keto granola to look, feel and taste like regular granola. So avoid chopping the pecans and coconut too much — as we want a good grain size!
- Baking and not burning the keto granola. Since we’re baking this at such a high temp, keto granola can burn easily. Watch it carefully, and remember it will continue to crisp as it cools — it’s better to pull it out too soon rather than burn your delicious tray of hard work!
How to Eat Low Carb Cereal
This low carb cereal can be enjoyed every which way! From low carb breakfasts to low carb lunches to low carb dinners, I can think of a million crazy and not-so-crazy low carb foods that taste better topped with keto granola — here are a few of my favorites:
- Over a bowl of low carb greek yogurt
- With some low carb milks (almond milk, coconut milk, etc)
- With keto fruits
- Sprinkled over a low carb smoothie bowl
What’s your favorite way to eat this keto granola cereal recipe? Maybe with a glass of keto hot chocolate? Let me know in the comments below!
Storing This Keto Cereal
Keep your keto cereal crisp and delicious in an airtight container in the fridge. I store mine in a mason jar so that I can easily access it at all hours of the day!
Low Carb Granola Recipe
Without further ado, let’s make some low carb granola! I can’t wait to hear what you think and how you eat this keto granola recipe. Come back and let me know in the comments below, I’m always looking for fun new ideas. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 375
- Roughly chop the pecans.
- Add them to a large bowl with the coconut and stir.
- In a small bowl stir the salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, egg whites, coconut oil, cocoa, erythritol and vanilla extract.
- Pour contents of the small bowl over the coconut and pecans and stir to combine.
- Spread in a thin and even layer on 2 lined baking sheets.
- Bake for 6 minutes, then rotate the baking sheet in the oven.
- Bake for 6 more minutes. You’ll know the granola is done when the edges start to brown and your house smells delicious!
- Pull from the oven and allow it to cool on the baking sheet.
- Once cooled and hardened, use your hands to break up the granola into bite sized pieces.
- Store in the fridge, and serve with low carb milks, low carb fruits or low carb greek yogurt. Enjoy!
©Little Pine Low Carb. Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media/website/blod is strictly prohibited.
Keto Granola Brands
If you’d rather buy a keto granola amazon sells, there are a few options! ELAN is a grain free granola. It’s sweetened with maple syrup, but with only 7 grams of carbs per serving (3 of which are fiber), it may still work for you, depending on your low carb meal plan. Julian Bakery’s Pro Granola has 14 grams of carbs per serving, 12 of which are fiber.
Before I was diagnosed with diabetes, I made a list of gluten free cereal brands. If you aren’t eating low carb, then check them out!
Can’t Get Enough? How About Low Carb Granola Bars
With a few adjustments, this recipe can be turned into low carb granola bars, for portable low carb snacks! Keto granola bar recipe will require a smaller grain than we use in this keto granola recipe, and will need to be baked in a loaf pan.