Inspired by the classic wing, I could eat this keto buffalo chicken dip all day long. Bold with a balanced heat, this is decadent. Make it a mini meal of your own or have the most deluxe snack at the next potluck.
Best of Buffalo
We aren’t shy about our love for wings here at LPK, so of course buffalo chicken wings were the first variation of this flavor profile in our kitchen. But it was not the last. This dip makes me oh so grateful for that first buffalo bite.
I was late to the buffalo chicken trend because I’m a self-professed heat wimp. I was afraid of the hot sauce element. I like flavor! I just don’t want it to burn out my tastebuds. That’s why I use Frank’s Red Hot every time. Sure it adds a little heat, but what it really adds is a depth of flavor. It’s key to the buffalo chicken experience.
Since this dip is so rich, and to keep the wing vibe strong, I like to serve it alongside plenty of celery and carrot sticks. It’s best warm! Enjoy! – Linds x
- Cream cheese is my favorite base for this dip. Some people make keto buffalo chicken dip with mayo, so feel free to use what you prefer. I have seen recipes for keto buffalo chicken dip with sour cream or Greek yogurt, which I don’t recommend, as Frank’s red hot already has a lot of tang in it.
- Frank’s red hot is the traditional hot sauce used in Buffalo chicken recipes, and for good reason! It’s not too hot and has a strong vinegar base. If you have a hot sauce you prefer, feel free to use it here.
- Keto ranch dressing or blue cheese dressing. Make your own, or grab a jar from the store. Feel free to check the labels, although generally speaking most are keto friendly.
- Shredded cheddar cheese is my favorite here. You can use shredded mozzarella cheese too.
- Blue cheese crumbles
- Cooked + shredded chicken – any form of skinless chicken breasts will do. Rotisserie chicken is great. TBH, this is one of the few recipes where I don’t mind using canned chicken.
- Green onions – keep them fresh and store them separately. Allow the casserole to cool a bit before sprinkling on top.
Want more heat?
If you know you like your dips SPICY, start off right with a spicier version of Frank’s red hot. If you’ve taste tested your low carb buffalo chicken dip (before baking), and found it wasn’t spicy enough, then adjusting it to your liking. You can always dice up a jalapeno, add more (and hotter) hot sauce, or sneak in some cayenne pepper.
How to Make Keto Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Set aside 1 cup of cheddar, 1/4 cup of blue cheese, and the green onions. Combine all other ingredients together in a large bowl. I like to do this with an electric mixer, but if the cream cheese is soft enough, you can stir everything together using a rubber spatula. This is a good place to taste test your keto buffalo chicken sauce and tweak to your liking — maybe some a teaspoon garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, salt, etc.
- Spread into a 1 quart baking dish, or a 9″ oven safe skillet.
- Sprinkle your keto buffalo dip with remaining cheddar and bake in the preheated oven until heated through and the cheese on top has melted.
- Top with remaining blue cheese and green onions. Serve your keto buffalo chicken dip casserole warm with suggestions below!
How do I turn this into a dinner casserole?
Buffalo chicken casserole, YES, please! It’s as simple as adding more chicken and maybe a few veggies for a protein packed dinner. Bulk it up with steamed keto vegetables like broccoli or cauliflower — the trick is to cook them first so they don’t release their liquid and ruin the buffalo sauce.
Whatever you love to use as a scoop! Keep the net carbs down with these gluten-free appetizer ideas…
- Keto crackers or keto tortilla chips
- Sliced celery sticks or carrot sticks
- Use it as a spread on almond flour biscuits, bread or low carb tortillas
More Keto Dips + Sauces
Keto Buffalo Chicken DipPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese softened
- 1/2 Cup Frank's Red Hot
- 1/2 Cup Ranch Dressing or Blue Cheese Dressing
- 2 Cups Sharp Cheddar Cheese divided
- 1/2 Cup Blue Cheese Crumbles divided
- 1 Cup Chicken cooked + shredded
- 1/4 Cup Green Onions sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 F, and grab a 1 quart casserole dish -- I used a 9" oven safe skillet.
- Combine the softened cream cheese (8 ounces), hot sauce (1/2 cup), blue cheese (1/2 cup), 1 cup of cheddar, 1/4 cup of blue cheese, and chicken (1 cup) together in a large bowl.
- Spread into the casserole dish, and flatten out the top with a spatula. Sprinkle with an even layer of the remaining cheddar cheese. Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. You'll know it's done once the cheese on top has melted and the casserole is heated all the way through.
- Allow the dip to cool for a few moments, then sprinkle the top with the remaining blue cheese and sliced green onions (1/4 cup). Serve warm, and enjoy!