There is almost nothing more satisfying than italian sausage meatballs and a zesty sauce! All those flavors and textures – heavenly. My take on low carb meatballs is super delicious, and only takes 3 ingredients, whaaaaaat?
That’s one of my favorite things about low carb recipes – you can cut out the fillers and just keep what really matters in a dish. These baked meatballs are perfect for yummy low carb dinners, or for meal prepping a quick lunch option that is really enjoyable.
Are you ready for some soft, savory, Italian food? Let’s go!
Who doesn’t love mouthwateringly good Italian food?? Plus:
- 3 simple ingredients!
- Ready in about 30 minutes!
- Super versatile, and amazing for meal prepping!
Sometimes, easier IS better. It’s totally true with these scrumptious Italian sausage meatballs!
Simple ingredients, probably right next to each other in the grocery store. Easy-peasy!
- Italian sausage – This fresh sausage is actually American in origin. It combines pork with some herbs like fennel and red pepper to give us a slightly spicy taste. Go for a more mild sausage for this recipe, unless you’d rather amp up the heat!
- Parmesan – This savory cheese is going to melt and bring our Italian sausage meatballs together into perfect, ooey-gooey harmony.
- Seasoning – Of course, always add salt, but some Italian seasoning will really give us the homemade flavors we’re looking for.
Tools to Make
Italian sausage meatballs are one of those old fashioned recipes – you know, the ones that just needed a bowl and a pan? Just mix up your ingredients and bake ‘em up and you have dinner ready to go!
Can You Freeze them?
Yes, yes, yes! Most meatballs are great for freezing, and these Italian sausage meatballs are no exception. You can cook them ahead of time, and then freeze them, or freeze them raw, your choice.
If they’re cooked, take them straight from freezer to oven or microwave for a quick dish, but if they’re raw, you’ll want to stick to baking.
The best way to eat these Italian sausage meatballs?? Straight from the pan… but seriously, try and wait, because these are perfect for pairing with some low carb pasta!
- These are easy to make as meatballs with Italian sausage and ground beef, but you can also make these as pork meatballs super easily.
- Want something super decadent? Try these cheesy mozzarella stuffed meatballs that are amazingly melty and delicious.
- Rather go for poultry? No problem! Try chicken meatballs or turkey meatballs instead!
- And if you’re switching up the meat, you should try these buffalo chicken meatballs at least once. They have some heat, but serve them with some homemade ranch and you will be blown away in the best way.
- Want a sandwich? Try pairing these yummy meatballs with some low carb hot dog buns for a meatball sub!
Need some more pasta recipes? I’ve got your back! Here are some of my go-to recipes:
- Chicken Bolognese
- Zucchini Ravioli
- Cabbage Lasagna
- Low Carb Beef Stroganoff
- Spaghetti Squash Pad Thai
Italian Sausage MeatballsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 1 Pound Italian Sausage
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan grated
- 1 Egg
- Preheat oven to 400 F, and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine Italian sausage (1 pound), grated parmesan (1/2 cup) and 1 egg.
- Using about 2 Tablespoons worth of meat, roll into a ball.
- Place meatballs on prepared baking sheet and into the middle rack of the oven.
- Bake for 12 minutes. Check doneness by testing the internal temp with a meat thermometer (should be 165 F).
- Serve with marinara and enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
- Serving reccomendations:
- Over pasta, spaghetti squash, or zoodles!
- I love to toss the meatballs in my low carb spaghetti sauce.
- I was able to make 30 meatballs from this recipe, so a serving would be 5 meatballs. If you make larger meatballs divide the recipe by 6 and that will equal one serving size: