You guys, these delicious, healthy no bake cookies are melt in your mouth scrumptious, and are one of the ultimate low carb recipes for dessert!!
Miracles do happen, friends – salty, sweet, crunchy, this is one of those low carb cookies that satisfies every craving.
You won’t believe how fast it is to throw together a batch of these low carb snacks. I love that I can have tasty low carb desserts whenever I want ’em! You’re going to want to make them in bulk, because they have a tendency to, ahem, disappear. Let’s start!
These healthy no bake cookies are healthy snacks goals:
- They’re fast and easy! Got 20 minutes? You have time for these cookies!
- The ingredients are inexpensive and easy to have on hand anytime you want to whip some up.
- So versatile! Add frosting for healthy desserts, add more chopped nuts for breakfast!
This recipe is as easy as it is mouth-watering. These healthy no bake cookies are pretty classically delicious, but there are a lot of fun ways to personalize them too…
Peanut Butter: Make sure you get low carb peanut butter for these healthy peanut butter cookies! (Simply check the label and make sure no sugar has been added to the product)
But you do have the choice between crunchy and creamy, depending on your preferences. I like the crunch factor myself, but you do you!
Shredded Coconut: This is the delicious white meat from inside a coconut and it’s packed with nutrients. Make sure you get unsweetened and shredded, not flakes. Those aren’t the right texture for this recipe.
Erythriol: This sugar substitute doesn’t metabolize in your blood stream, so while it’s sweet, it doesn’t affect blood sugar levels and has zero carbs! This is the secret to how we can make these healthy no bake cookies without sugar!
Healthy no bake cookies mean no cooking involved, right?! Well, that’s not completely true. You do need to melt down the peanut butter and butter together.
You can do that in the microwave, or in a double boiler. Don’t have one?? I bet you do, hiding in your cupboard! To make your own double boiler, find a heat safe bowl that fits inside a good sturdy pot. Fill the pot with just enough water to reach the bottom of the bowl, and rest the bowl inside.
Put the peanut butter and butter in the bowl, and heat the water to boiling. The indirect heat will melt the ingredients together without scorching. Brilliant!
Because of the high amount of soft fats in these, like the peanut butter and the butter, its a good idea to keep these healthy no bake cookies in the fridge for the best consistency. And it’s always a good idea to store low carb snacks on the go in an airtight container – it keeps them fresh the longest. I would layer them with parchment or wax paper between each.
Can You Freeze Them?
The real trick to freezing these tasty little jewels is having any left… but seriously, just place these on a parchment lined cookie sheet in the freezer for a few hours, then transfer to an airtight bag to store for longer periods. Perfect!
There are SO many unique ways to customize these healthy no bake cookies!
Can I Substitute Peanut Butter?
With all the different varieties of nut butters out there, you’ll never get bored of these healthy recipes for cookies! Any of them can be used instead of peanut butter in this quick and easy recipe…
Can I Add Low Carb Flour To These?
This recipe has two magic tricks – no baking and no flour! It’s part of what makes it so fast and easy. But, if you are craving a chewy and crumbly cookie, try these incredible coconut flour cookies. They may be just what you’re looking for!
Would These Make For Good Breakfast Cookies?
Mmmmm, breakfast cookies. What a way to start the day! With their high protein count, these would make for an amazing breakfast. Try adding some mix-ins to give some morning variety.
You can also check out my low carb oatmeal cookies for some morning inspiration!
What Are Some Healthy Cookies Mix Ins?
There are a lot of fun ways to add some personality to these healthy cookies. Try these low carb chocolate chip cookies for a chocolaty version. You could also sprinkle in some:
- Low carb white chocolate chips.
- Chopped nuts like macadamias or pecans. Feel free to swap the nuts/coconut shreds below to whatever you have on hand.
- Freezer dried/dehydrated low carb berries. These are easy to find at Trader Joes.
- Spices! Such as cinnamon for low carb snickerdoodles, or ginger for low carb gingerbread cookies
Can I Add Frosting?
Really wanting to take these healthy no bake cookies up a notch?! Of course you are! I tell you, friends, there’s no reason why low carb desserts cannot be JUST as tempting and incredible as regular old cookies, and if we can make healthy desserts, well you can bet, I’m gonna!!
Try whipping up a delicious frosting with powdered erythritol and water! (just like I do in my almond flour sugar cookies.)
Healthy No Bake CookiesPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt the peanut butter and butter together in a bowl — this can be done in the microwave or using a double boiler.
- Use a rubber spatula to combine.
- Add erythritol, and stir until fully dissolved.
- Stir in protein powder and salt.
- Fold the shredded coconut and peanuts into the “dough”.
- Use an ice cream scoop to form cookie mounds on your baking sheet.
- Place cookies in fridge until they harden (about 1 hr) and enjoy!
If you can’t get enough of these healthy cookies, try these scrumptious versions:
- Almond Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies. Chocolate + chocolate + coconut = HAPPINESS!
- Almond Flour Shortbread Cookies. These cookies are low carb chocolates best friend!
- Low Carb No Bake Cookies. The chocolatey version of this recipe
- Low Carb Snowball Cookies. The perfect treat to enjoy with a glass of tea!
- Low Carb Cream Cheese Cookies. If you haven’t tried cream cheese cookies, this recipe is a MUST!
These healthy no bake cookies are an incredible treat for any time of day. Comment below and let me know your favorite time to have these as a snack! Breakfast, lunch, snack time? Enjoyyy!