Friends, let me introduce you to one of my favorite low carb snacks ever, deviled eggs without mayo.
This healthy recipes genius secret is to swap the mayo for heart-healthy greek yogurt, gifting us with decadent and delicious deviled eggs.
Perfectly boiled whites are filled with creamy, deliciously seasoned filling with a touch of lemon and chives. Pair them with some fresh berries, and these eggs make the perfect low carb breakfast!
I love low carb recipes like this one that let me have all the flavors and textures I crave in my favorite foods, without the carbs! Let’s start!
This creamy deviled eggs without mayo recipe is perfect for breakfast, lunch, or anytime you want a satisfying healthy snack, plus:
- Easy, inexpensive ingredients you already have in your fridge!
- Super fast, especially if you keep hard-boiled eggs on hand!
- Creamy, decadent taste we LOVE in hard-boiled eggs, and WITH gut-loving probiotics!
Making this deviled eggs without mayo recipe could NOT be easier. Check out my tips and tricks below!
These ingredients are staples, making this recipe easy to whip up anytime.
Eggs — Have you made hard boiled eggs?? It’s so easy and they make such handy and delicious no carb snacks! Want to really save some time? Try making your boiled eggs in an instant pot. Not only does it make cooking them faster and easier, but the shells also slide off effortlessly.
Dijon — This bold mustard is made with brown mustard seeds instead of traditional yellow seeds. This gives it a stronger, spicier flavor that gives a great punch in this deviled eggs without mayo recipe.
Smoked paprika — This is the slightly smokier version of traditional sweet paprika. It’s made from pimentos that have been smoked and dried, then finely ground. This mild spice adds a lot of character to soups, stews, and egg dishes.
After filling, store these hard-boiled eggs without mayo in the fridge, carefully! Lidded, hard-sided containers work best so that they don’t get squished.
Can You Freeze Them?
Technically, you can freeze the “deviled” part of the eggs until you are ready to use, but the whites would not keep for very long. If you want to be able to make them quickly, I recommend making the eggs ahead of time, which cuts down on the preparation time significantly.
Meal Prepping Tips
Packed with protein, these hard-boiled eggs without mayo make an amazing addition to any low carb meal or snack. Prep these out ahead of time to have 6 servings ready to go whenever you want to add 6 grams of carb-free protein to your meal!
This recipe is a great base, just waiting for you to add your own spin to it! Read on for some healthy recipes ideas.
How Can I Make These Healthier?
“Healthier” depends on exactly what you’re looking for…
Want to make a dairy-free version of this recipe? Try swapping the Greek yogurt for avocado! Check out my avocado deviled eggs recipe here (GREAT for healthy breakfasts!).
Want to squeeze in more veggies? Try adding some minced veggies to your deviled mix… red and green bell peppers, cucumbers, or broccoli for some extra nutrients and added crunch.
Can I Add Protein?
Want to add a bit more protein to your deviled eggs without mayo recipe? Throw some chopped ham or bacon in the deviled mixture (deviled eggs with bacon is our family FAVE)!
Can I Grill These Deviled Eggs?
Yup! If you want to add a little extra flavor to these healthy deviled eggs, brush the whites with a bit of oil and grill them hole down for 30ish seconds. Then, fill as usual! Check out this smoked deviled eggs recipe for more tasty details.
What Kind Of Toppings I Can Add?
There are endless ways to top this deviled eggs without mayo recipe!
I love the classics — green onion, chives, or some smoked paprika! You can also get a bit more creative with added flavors like deviled eggs with relish or jalapeno deviled eggs.
What Are Creative Ways To Serve These During Holidays?
Deviled eggs are fun because they’re so versatile and customizable. Tint the whites or the deviled mix! Add fun and creative toppings!
These Halloween deviled eggs are perfect for any fall get together. Or celebrate during egg primetime with these easter deviled eggs!
Deviled Eggs Without MayoPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 12 Large Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Greek Yogurt
- 2 Teaspoons Dijon
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- Chives optional topping
- Place eggs in a large pot and cover with 1 1/2" of water.
- Bring water to a boil, cover the pot with a lid, and turn off the heat. Set aside, allowing the eggs to cook this way for 18 minutes.
- Prepare a large bowl with ice.
- Once eggs are finished, use a slotted spoon to move eggs from the pot to the bowl of ice.
- After eggs have cooled enough to handle, crack and peel the eggs.
- Cut eggs in half lengthwise.
- Place egg whites cut side up on a plate, and place the yolks in a large bowl.
- Mash egg yolks with the back of a fork until broken into small pieces.
- Add Greek yogurt, dijon, lemon juice, smoked paprika, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add filling to the center of each egg white. You can do this: - With a spoon. - Use a piping bag. - Place filling in a resealable bag and cut a small hole in the tip.
- Sprinkle with additional paprika and chives. Enjoy!
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
Now that you’ve mastered this deviled eggs without mayo recipe, I feel like there may be more deviled egg recipes in your future. Check these recipes out!
- Classic Deviled Eggs. You can never go wrong with the classic variation of this recipe!
- Spicy Deviled Eggs. You’ll welcome the HEAT in this treat!
- Deviled Egg Salad. Deviled eggs meet egg salad in the BEST possible way!
This deviled eggs without mayo recipe is sure to become a family favorite. Comment below with your favorite topping on these yummy bite-sized snacks!