If you’re looking for the ultimate guilt-free, gluten-free, low carb treat, then look no further than this cinnamon swirl almond bread recipe!
Perfectly sweet, soft, and fluffy, with a crunchy streusel on top! This low carb recipes one of our family faves.
Slice and toast it on up just like regular low carb bread, or smoother it in cream cheese or butter. This almond flour bread is a delicious midday snack, after-dinner treat, or low carb breakfast with your morning coffee. Let’s dig in!
Growing up, my favorite breakfast with cinnamon swirl bread with a dollop of butter on top, and this recipe is my low carb “adult” version. PLUS!
- It’s EASY to make! No waiting for the flour to rise, no special techniques.
- It’s LOW CARB and sugar-free! 3g net carbs per slice.
- Great anytime you serve it — this almond bread makes a great dessert, in-between meal snack, or breakfast.
There’s not much to this almond bread recipe! Here are the few notes you’ll need before diving in:
Flour – Almond flour is the low carb flour used in this recipe, as it’s most similar to wheat flour in taste, texture, and mouthfeel. Be sure to use fine-grained almond flour for the best texture results — I prefer Bob’s Red Mill or Trader Joe’s brand.
NOW Psyllium husk – Is extremely fibrous and absorbs any liquid added to the almond bread batter, which binds the ingredient together, and creates a fluffy, solid loaf of almond bread!
This ingredient can be purchase online or in most health food stores. I only recommend using NOW psyllium husk, as some brands can turn your almond bread a blue-ish purple, and will absorb liquids in varying amounts.
Sweetener – My keto sweeteners of choice are Swerve and Lakanto — both of which can be used as a 1:1 swap with traditional sugar. If you use plain erythritol, you may want to increase the amount (erythritol is 70% as sweet as sugar).
Tools To Make
Not much needed here! Just a:
- Bowl for mixing the ingredients
- 8″ bread pan — this is important, as this almond bread will not rise as much as a loaf of traditional bread, so to get the same height on your loaf as the photos, you’ll want this size pan
As long as you stick to this base low carb almond bread recipe, you can modify the nuts, sweetener and spices as you see fit! Here are some variations you may want to try:
- Turn this bread into low carb breakfast muffins (think of them as low carb cinnamon rolls!) by pouring the batter into prepared muffin tin liners.
- Add some fruit! Blueberries (check out my low carb blueberry muffins), raspberries, strawberries, pumpkin (ala low carb pumpkin muffins) you name it!
- Or extract… higher carb fruits like bananas are best added to recipes in extract form. Check out my low carb banana bread or my low carb banana muffins, and consider adding in your favorite flavors!
- Use different low carb nuts: If walnuts aren’t your thing, try almonds or pecans
Cinnamon Swirl Almond BreadPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- Preheat oven to 375 F and line an 8" bread pan with parchment paper.
- Mix almond flour, psyllium husk, baking powder, salt, 1 tablespoon cinnamon, and erythritol together in a large bowl.
- Add eggs, coconut oil, and hot water. Stir to combine.
- Pour half the batter into the prepared bread pan.
- Sprinkle remaining cinnamon over the top.
- Pour the rest of the batter into the pan.
- Using a knife, swirl the batter around to create a pattern with the cinnamon.
- Sprinkle chopped walnuts on top of the bread, and gently press them in to adhere.
- Place in the oven and bake for 45-55 minutes. You'll know the bread is done once the edges become golden brown.
Fans Also Made These Low Carb Recipes:
Do you LOVE and CRAVE bread as much as we do?! Great! We have some recipes to save the day!
- Low Carb Naan. Perfect to dip into your favorite curries!
- Low Carb Hamburger Buns. Your low carb burger has never tasted better.
- Low Carb Wraps. Legit pliable wraps for all your wrap needs!
- Low Carb Hot Dog Buns. Whats a hot dog without a bun?!
- Low Carb Zucchini Bread. One of our favorite dessert bread recipes.
There you have it, friends! I hope you LOVE this cinnamon swirled almond bread as much as we do. Please let me know what you think in the comments below, and happy baking!