These cheese crisps are the perfect crunchy treat, here to satiate all your low carb, protein packed snacking needs!
To make this simple recipe, all you need is one ingredient, a baking sheet and an oven, although I decided to fanc-ify them by adding spices and a slice of jalapeño — either way they’re ready in a jif, super delicious and loved by all!
So grab some cheese and let’s make this tasty baked cheese crisps recipe!
How to Make Cheese Crisps
This cheese crisps keto recipe is literally just melted cheese that forms into perfect mounds of crunchy crisps — who doesn’t love that?? All you have to do to make your own cheese crisps is:
Crank the oven to 400 F…
- Slice and deseed your jalapeños. Toss them in olive oil.
- Lay jalapeños in a thin and even layer on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix together the cheese and spices.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet and make small mounds of cheese.
- Flatten the tops of the mounds and add a jalapeños to each.
- Bake in the oven for 5-7 minutes, or until your crisps are crispy!
cheese chips Variations
I’ve made cheese chips a billion ways, from melting plain cheese on a baking sheet to mixing in herbs and spices to topping them with tasty additions. Here are some of my favorite ways to enjoy cheese crisps:
- Adding cooked/diced bacon and cooked green onions to cheddar cheese. Mixing it all together and spreading the cheese in a thin and even layer on your baking sheet. Once cooked, use a pizza cutter to cut your crisps into snackable squares.
- Top your cheese mounds with a slice of pepperoni and dip them into low carb pizza sauce.
- Keep it simple by sprinkling your cheese with everything but the bagel seasoning.
- Mix low carb taco seasoning in with your shredded cheese.
- Mix pesto and diced sun dried tomatoes in with your cheese.
parmesan cheese crisps in the Microwave
Quite a few readers have asked about making parmesan cheese crisps in the microwave. I don’t have a microwave, but have been told this is crazy easy to do!
Here’s how a member of our low carb FB group made hers:
- Place cheese on a small piece of parchment
- Microwave for 1 minute, then check the crisp’s “doneness”
- Continue cooking for 15 second intervals until your cheese crisps have reached the desired crispiness.
Did you make these cheese crisps microwave method? Let me know in the comments below!
Storing These low carb chips
Keep your low carb chips fresh and delicious by storing them in an airtight container. I place the cheese crisps container into my fridge — this may not be necessary, but I like to play it safe!
If you make an extra large batch, you can store a baggie full in the freezer.
How to Eat These parmesan chips
If you’re anything like me, and the people in my household, you wont need an excuse to eat these parmesan chips (in fact you’ll probably be searching for ways to hide these from yourself).
But, I want to show you a few ways I use cheese crisps to give my low carb meals a major upgrade!
- Break them up and use them as a crunchy salad topping.
- Add some crunch to the top of your low carb chicken casserole with a handful of these.
- Serve them as an app! At get togethers, I love making a variety of crisps — placing a pepperoni on some, and a slice of jalapeños on others.
- Snacks on the go! Or, if you’re looking for a heartier treat, enjoy these cheese crisps with some sliced deli meat (kinda like a low carb sandwich).
How to Not Eat All The Parmesan Crisps In One Sitting…
If I’ve learned anything from baking parmesan crisps, it’s that they WON’T LAST LONG if you leave them on the counter! They’re simply too easy to eat, too delicious and too snack-able not to reach for.
Here are a few tricks I’ve learned along the way to prevent myself from eating a whole tray in one sitting:
- Portion snack sized servings into resealable baggies. Not only does this help me stick to an actual portion size, but it makes for perfect snacks to grab on the go!
- Freeze some! By simply placing them in a resealable bag and releasing the air, it makes these low carb snacks less easy to overeat.
Cheese Crisps Recipe
Let’s do this friends! Can’t wait to hear what you think about this parmesan cheese crisps recipe in the comments below, hope you enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Slice jalapeños about ¼” thick, making sure your slices are as even as possible. Remove the seeds (or keep them for extra spice!)
- Toss jalapeño slices in olive oil and place in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Wash your hands!
- Toss baking sheet in the oven for 10-15 minutes, or until they’re soft and starting to crisp.
- Remove jalapeños from baking sheet and set aside.
- Line baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix together the grated parmesan, oregano, paprika and garlic powder.
- Place small mounds of cheese on parchment paper and flatten the tops. Then place a jalapeños on top of each mound.
- Bake in the oven for 5-7 minutes, or until your cheese is crisp and golden brown.
- Allow your crisps to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container.
- Can be made with shredded parmesan as well.
- Skip the jalapeños if you don’t like spice!
- The spice combo is flexible, add or subtract as you see fit.
- Nutritional information will vary depending on how large you make your crisps. Using this recipe I made 24 crisps, the nutritional information below is based on 2 crisps.
Buying keto cheese chips
If after this article, you’ve decided you’re more of a grab-a-bag-of keto cheese chips kinda person, there are plenty of options for you. From the cheese crisps Costco sells to cheese crisps Walmart varieties, I’ve got you covered. Here are my faves:
This brand made me fall in love with cheese crisps! They make every type of imaginable crisp — from cheddar cheese crisps to mozzarella cheese crisps, all in a convenient little package.
These are quite a treat, and different from the cheese crisps you make at home. They even come in unique flavors like gouda and pepper jack.