I’m addicted to buffalo chicken wings, but I don’t always have the time to make them, so I turned them into these 5 minute buffalo chicken lettuce wraps for an equally spicy and delicious option!
Low carb chicken recipes have never tasted so good…
Cheddar cheese, cream cheese, green onions, and hot sauce — oh, and chicken — cradled inside easy to eat lettuce wraps.
One of those low carb lunch ideas that’ll get you even more excited for lunchtime. Plus, it comes together in minutes, and is the perfect meal to stash in the fridge for quick grab and go lunch options.
Let’s get wrappin’!
If you’ve tried buffalo chicken anything before, you already know why these buffalo chicken lettuce wraps are so great!
- The perfect combination of spicy and creamy
- FINALLY! An exciting and crazy delicious way to eat chicken!
- Lettuce wraps are an awesome low carb lunch you can eat with your hands.
- Incredible for meal prep. I like to make a big batch and divvy it into containers for the most satiating midday treat.
I’m telling you, these buffalo chicken wraps are so EASY to make! Here’s all you need to know:
First, we’ll throw together the low carb chicken salad, then wrap it in lettuce — here’s everything you’ll need:
Low carb cheese – As you can see, there are 3 types of cheese in this recipe: cream cheese, cheddar, and blue cheese as a topping. All have unique flavor and textures, so I strongly suggest using all 3!
Hot Sauce – Traditionally, Frank’s Red Hot is the only hot sauce to use here! But, if you have a preferred brand, feel free to swap. Keep in mind, every hot sauce has a different “heat” to it, so you’ll want to adjust your buffalo chicken lettuce wraps accordingly.
Chicken – Any sort of cooked and shredded chicken will do here. Rotisserie chicken is an easy option, as is poached chicken — I’ve included instructions to poach the chicken in the “Notes” section of the recipe card.
Lettuce – I prefer Romaine lettuce as it has more structure and makes for sturdier wraps. Any green leaf lettuce will do here!
Stash you buffalo chicken lettuce wraps in the fridge — I suggest storing the lettuce separate from the chicken to help maintain optimal crunch.
As you can see, I love to eat these as lettuce wraps for quick and easy lunches, but you do you! Here are some other ideas:
- Serve with low carb crackers and enjoy it as a dip (check out my Mama’s recipe here!)
- Scoop the salad onto a slice of low carb bread.
- Serve it inside low carb wraps.
Looking to add your own twist to this recipe?? Here are some ideas:
- Switch up the protein. The truth is, the sauce and mix-ins are what really bring the flavor — so you can swap the chicken with whatever you have on hand! Make turkey lettuce wraps with leftover Thanksgiving meat. Or shrimp lettuce wraps with cooked shrimp!
- Turn up or down the heat by simply increasing/decreasing the amount of hot sauce. You can also add in jalapenos or cayenne pepper.
- Swap cream cheese for Greek yogurt for a lower fat, higher protein alternative.
Buffalo Chicken WrapsPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese softened
- 2 Cups Cheddar shredded
- 1 Cup Hot Sauce I use Frank's!
- 2 Scallions thinly sliced, white and green parts
- 4 Cups Chicken cooked + shredded (see instructions for how to poach below*)
- 1 Cup Celery chopped
- 1/4 Cup Blue Cheese
- Green Lettuce Leaves We love Romaine, butter lettuce works as well
- In a large bowl, stir together hot sauce, cream cheese, and cheddar.
- Add the scallions, celery, and shredded chicken. Stir until everything is well incorporated.
- Scoop chicken onto lettuce leaves. Top with blue cheese and additional hot sauce. Enjoy!
Do you LOVE these make-ahead lunches as much as I do?! Well then, here are a few more recipes for you:
- Thai lettuce wraps. 2 words: PEANUT SAUCE!
- Low carb taco salad. All the goodies!
- Avocado tuna salad. Avocado is your new fave mayo substitute.
- Greek chicken salad. Another not-so-boring way to eat chicken!
- Korean lettuce wraps. Can you tell we love lettuce wraps around here?!
Can’t wait to hear what you all think of these buffalo chicken lettuce wraps! Leave me a comment below and let me know your thoughts, did you turn up the heat?? Enjoy!