- 5 Beets Small-Medium, not cooked
- 2 Teaspoons Olive Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic
- 1 Spring Rosemary Finely Chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- ½ Teaspoon Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Using the vegetable peeler, peel the beets.
- Slice the beets using a mandolin, or as thinly and evenly as possible using a sharp knife – slices should be around 1/8″ thick.*
- Add the sweet beets to a bowl or plastic bag. Add olive oil, garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper (to ensure an even coat, I mix the dry ingredients in a bowl first, then sprinkle on top of the slices). Toss until combined.
- Spread the sliced beets as a single layer onto the baking sheet.
- Bake until the edges are slightly crispy – about 25 minutes, flipping once half way through to ensure even cooking. Watch carefully during the last 5 minutes – some may start to brown and should be pulled out. Some chips may seem slightly tender in the middle, pull out regardless and let them cool/crisp up for 10 minutes before sampling. If the chips seem too soft, place back in the oven and bake in increments of 3 minutes until cooked.
- It’s best to use a mandolin as it’s near impossible to slice evenly with a knife. It’s important to get even slices as the thicker areas wont crisp and the thinner areas will burn.
- Even slices take practice, your first batch may be softer than you like, but you’ll get it!